National News Marcus Rashford

bazzer9461

God like member
What a good footballer he is. What an unselfish young man he is. To date he has raised 20 million pound for a charity to keep young children from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds who he is keeping fed and now has written to all MP’s to ask for help in overturning a decision to stop help being given by the government for continued help for poor and disadvantaged people.

Where’s Matt Hancock? ;)

Rashford is a good bloke. He will win this as well. Decision will be overturned any day now.

Ironic it took a 100 year old War Veteran and a 20 something footballer to highlight particular aspects of what is the right thing for society to do.
Fair play to both.
It also shows that, despite the Government providing additional funding to local councils they seem reticent to ring fence it, if they are allowed too?
Regulation, policies and paperwork probably stopping folk doing the right thing again.

Where’s Matt Hancock? ;)

Rashford is a good bloke. He will win this as well. Decision will be overturned any day now.

I reckon you could be right although there is the nagging doubt that it is the poor after all.

Premier League footballers do get a bit of a bad rap these days, but Marcus Rashford is one of football's good guys. Despite his new found riches, he never forgets where he came from, and is using his position to fight the corner of those who struggle to give their children a hot meal. Top bloke!

Ironic it took a 100 year old War Veteran and a 20 something footballer to highlight particular aspects of what is the right thing for society to do.
I'm not sure that 'society' needs pushing on some of these matters or quite a few of the other things in the media at the moment. More money for the NHS in a crisis? School meals for poor kids over the summer in the current situation? I'm not sure you'd get many dissenters to either of those in wider society. As happens quite often, society is in some ways ahead of those 'in charge'!

I'm not sure that 'society' needs pushing on some of these matters or quite a few of the other things in the media at the moment. More money for the NHS in a crisis? School meals for poor kids over the summer in the current situation? I'm not sure you'd get many dissenters to either of those in wider society. As happens quite often, society is in some ways ahead of those 'in charge'!

Yes, we know what is right............. its just those at the top of the pile often seem disconnected from reality ........so that leaves society needing to raise the awareness.

Well done Marcus, and when this is all over I do hope they recognise what Marcus achieved.

Sadly Willie Thorne passed away last night - one of Gary Lineker's good friends. I hope we can excuse Gary getting Marcus Rashford's name wrong in the circumstances.

When even the likes of Dan Hodges start calling you out on your lies, you’re in a spot of bother.

Also quite incredible to hear Johnson congratulating Rashford on his campaign when said campaign only existed to overturn his own decision to deny children the right to eat.

Staggering. Just staggering.
Yep - every bit as incompetent and devious as you feared they might be - Leopards don't change their spots.

And nice to see Health Secretary Tony Hancock acknowledging Daniel Rashfords efforts :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

From now on, his Covid briefings will be known as Hancock's half hour:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also quite incredible to hear Johnson congratulating Rashford on his campaign when said campaign only existed to overturn his own decision to deny children the right to eat.

Staggering. Just staggering.

Staggering, yet tribal politics is still alive and well. Two longstanding arch-Tory friends of mine - known them for 50 years, so stuck with them - simply refuse to believe that Boris or any member of his party could possibly get anything wrong. It's always 'the press's fault' or 'misinformation by lefties'.

And before anyone thinks I'm 'arch' anything, I'm very impressed with Starmer so far, but fear Corbyn, Abbot etc set the cause of a centre left opposition back by a decade.

If the stakes weren't so high, I would find it absolutely hilarious that Boris is being made to concentrate on something for more than 5 minutes, for the first time in his entire life.

If the stakes weren't so high, I would find it absolutely hilarious that Boris is being made to concentrate on something for more than 5 minutes, for the first time in his entire life.
Well he’s had his packet of Tim Tam’s to open in front of the media to mark the opening of trade talks with Australia today, as well as declaring proudly that he’s just discovered that we import a few boomerangs down under. Between that and PMQs he’s going to be shattered later, poor little luvvie.

He’s an embarrassment. I genuinely feel sorry for anybody who supports and defends him at this point.

Back
Top Bottom