Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

Marked Ox

God like member

Talked about on the transfer thread but just thought I'd start his own thread. On paper, very happy with this.

Welcome Marcus and I hope you have a successful and enjoyable time at Oxford.

Yeah, Welcome Marcus,. Shame we couldn't have got him on a permanent contract. Looks like a similar player to Shandon.

He looks to have a very good pedigree. Funny he’s played for ROI and England U17, 18 and 19. Been to Barcelona too.
look forward to seeing him many times next season

If you’d told me back in 2006 after relegation that we would have had two players who had been on the books of Barcelona* sign for us, I’d told you where to go. Welcome, Marcus. He has a good pedigree to succeed here.

*we won’t talk about the first one we had though ?

?I think he'll only have a year left on his contract after the loan too, so if this season works out who knows. Defo missed Baptiste in the playoffs, looks a classy replacement.

I cant remember who or where I saw this. But I read a quote from an Arsenal senior manager who said out of the hundreds of players in the academy, McGuane had one of the highest potentials. So big praise for the lad throughout his youth career. A good replacement for Shandon, really happy with that.

I cant remember who or where I saw this. But I read a quote from an Arsenal senior manager who said out of the hundreds of players in the academy, McGuane had one of the highest potentials. So big praise for the lad throughout his youth career. A good replacement for Shandon, really happy with that.

It was Joncker who then coached him at Telstar - kid had fallen out of favour at Barca with regime change and he wanted someone to help him get his mojo back

Welcome Marcus. Hope you enjoy your promotion season.

Just noticed Forrest announced it 2 days before we did - looks like he could be very good and frankly most L1 signings aren’t gonna be nailed in super stars - McGuane has pedigree and looks like he has a high ceiling. Hopefully he produces the goods in yellow! Obvs would prefer him on permanent, but if he does use Oxford as a springboard, it can only boost our chances of landing other good young players down the line as they know they will get a chance to perform in a higher league style system.

Be part of the Yellow Army. Season Ticket holders will be the first to see Marcus in the yellow of Oxford in person,

This is from the Oxford website .... interesting

Back
Top Bottom