Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

Can’t complain that we aren’t getting our business done early this time, can we?

I think McGuane is at that stage where he needs to feel at home. No more loan moves or carrying the ‘potential’ tag anymore. He needs to be playing games and proving his worth. Presumably we have a nice fat valuation clause in his contract so no one can nab him for a pittance and at 22 with a three year contract looks another great acquisition for the development model.
I also hope that the club were savvy enough to not include any form of a sell-on. Awful business by Forrest if so.

Great signing, wasn't expecting it to happen but thrilled that it has! However, this probably means one of three things:

1) The takeover is happening and the bigwigs are getting to work straight away - unlikely

2) Karl's done some good business for once - unlikely

3) This is our big signing for the time being, our finances are clapped and our remaining purchases for next season will be three 47-year old permanently injured wingers/strikers on frees having left bottom six Championship clubs in 2013 and not played since (I'm looking at you Sam Winnall) - very probably

Great signing, wasn't expecting it to happen but thrilled that it has! However, this probably means one of three things:

1) The takeover is happening and the bigwigs are getting to work straight away - unlikely

3) This is our big signing for the time being, our finances are clapped and our remaining purchases for next season will be three 47-year old permanently injured wingers/strikers on frees having left bottom six Championship clubs in 2013 and not played since (I'm looking at you Sam Winnall) - very probably

So very much glass half empty then.

That’s the spirit 🙄

Superb signing, from memory I think he was under contract still for another year or two? Assume we’ve had to pay a chunk to get him.
We’ve paid a fee but a very reasonable one given his potential to the team and possible future sale value. He’s also an old head on young shoulders, he’s a dad and very mature for his age.

That’s the spirit 🙄

Sorry, was in a good mood but some Radiohead just came on and put a stop to that!

Like I say, thrilled with the signing, great player and I hope the first of many more to come. If we can get Barker and/or Lee that'll be even better, bring in a quality defender or two, keep Cam and others, I'm really hoping we're in for a brilliant window!

It would be, perhaps, prudent to look at this signing with a little caution. The iFollow interview has Marcus admitting that he is still a couple of months away from being fit, maybe in time for pre-season, maybe not. He has had a medical and presumably passed.
I thought he showed some promise in the last few games he played and maybe that promise will materialise come the new season. This is, without doubt, a signing of trust in the potential of a player as opposed to the proven track record. Time will tell. I really hope that it is a signing that comes good. If Brannagan really is poached away from us then we will need a new effective midfielder.

I also hope that the club were savvy enough to not include any form of a sell-on. Awful business by Forrest if so.
I don’t know that level of detail but it’s likely there will be a sell-on and that this was a Forest condition, why wouldn’t they insist on this? We wanted the player who is under contract, we have paid a sensible fee and if we have given Forest a sensible sell on e.g. 25% of any profit then that was probably unavoidable to seal the deal and if it’s enacted it means:

1) We’ve seen some seriously good play from him
2) We’re banking a healthy profit too

I thought he was ok this season and started to come into his own just before he got injured (typical!)

Depends on how big the fee is! Sell him for £100m and I don’t mind if Forest receive a 20% share or that 😎. £80m would be decent enough. I don’t want to be greedy.

Also some clubs ask for more money up front instead of a sell on (like we did with Roofe). Without knowing the fee we paid or the details of the deal, we won’t ever know until MM is potentially sold.

Back
Top Bottom