Current Player Marcus Browne

I think Woodburn should stay in central midfield though, that’s where he did his best work for us

True, although he's a useful utility option to have. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we keep Kelly on loan, as I don't think we've had a point this season where all of our squad is fit and raring to go.

Marcus Browne staying with us is a massive boost. Looking good for the playoffs. I can see us dispatching Pompey, and playing Fleetwood in the final.

Marcus Browne staying with us is a massive boost. Looking good for the playoffs. I can see us dispatching Pompey, and playing Fleetwood in the final.

Losing finalists then.

I haven't got a clue. Chuffed Marcus Browne is staying though.

i honestly thought we’d be lucky to get any of our loan players back, so to have Taylor, Browne AND Woodburn back is so exciting. Shame to lose Holland, but I feel he wasn’t quite top-of-League-One standard yet, he wouldn’t start over Henry and Browne, and anyway, we were resigned to losing him for the season as things stood. Playoffs starting to look very interesting.

i honestly thought we’d be lucky to get any of our loan players back, so to have Taylor, Browne AND Woodburn back is so exciting. Shame to lose Holland, but I feel he wasn’t quite top-of-League-One standard yet, he wouldn’t start over Henry and Browne, and anyway, we were resigned to losing him for the season as things stood. Playoffs starting to look very interesting.
Agree that Holland is probably the ‘least problematic’ loss. Taylor and Browne were essential, and Woodburn is a bonus as he can play several positions to at least an okay standard. I think and hope there’s a lot more still to come from him right when it matters most.

A central three of Gorrin, Brannagan and Woodburn, flanked by Henry and Browne and with Taylor up top is really strong for this level. Considering it’s going to be a maximum of a three game season we can really go for it full pelt.

Losing finalists then.

I haven't got a clue. Chuffed Marcus Browne is staying though.
Don't mention that fu**ing word (Fleetwood). If they were a massive club, you'd maybe understand why we always struggle aginst the bastards. But they're not. The only good thing to come from the word 'Fleetwood' is that geezer.....Mac! And yes.....I realise I said the word 'Fleetword' twice.....three times, now!

It suddenly feels that everyone is waking up to the fact that we’re in the play-offs! I know the world is still not an ideal place, lots of things could be a lot better but we should all make the most of this. Making the playoffs doesnt happen every season.
Bloody hell though, I remember back to when we were all discussing the implications of the transfer deadline day in January. That seems a lifetime ago..

True, although he's a useful utility option to have. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we keep Kelly on loan, as I don't think we've had a point this season where all of our squad is fit and raring to go.
I can’t see Woodburn, Thorne, Kelly, Napa being much use for a potential play off scenario. They’ve had such little football even before the enforced break and we need players to hit the ground running. No time to ease anyone in if it’s straight in to a play off semifinal

I can’t see Woodburn, Thorne, Kelly, Napa being much use for a potential play off scenario. They’ve had such little football even before the enforced break and we need players to hit the ground running. No time to ease anyone in if it’s straight in to a play off semifinal

But the long enforced break has had the same effect for the other players as it is like an off season. Chris Short basically says this in the Oxford Mail report albeit he thinks the players will probably come back a bit fitter than after the normal off season.

Surprised Sykes isn't getting much of a mention. He was a fairly regular starter before the season got stopped and he was playing very well I thought. Probably now a good option off the bench.

It suddenly feels that everyone is waking up to the fact that we’re in the play-offs! I know the world is still not an ideal place, lots of things could be a lot better but we should all make the most of this. Making the playoffs doesnt happen every season.
Bloody hell though, I remember back to when we were all discussing the implications of the transfer deadline day in January. That seems a lifetime ago..

Whatever happens in the play-offs, qualifying for them is still an achievement! Even if it was in less than ideal circumstances.

COYY!

Regarding the possibility of either Stoke, Charlton, Huddersfield Hull or Middlesbrough joining the current pair (Barnsley & Luton) for the foreseeable demotion.

Within Browne’s career, he has scored all of his goals for Oxford. Wonder what the changes are he plays for us again?

Regarding the possibility of either Stoke, Charlton, Huddersfield Hull or Middlesbrough joining the current pair (Barnsley & Luton) for the foreseeable demotion.

Within Browne’s career, he has scored all of his goals for Oxford. Wonder what the changes are he plays for us again?
Reckon we'll get 2 more games out of him at least!!

He has said goodbye on his Instagram - so that's the last time he wears the yellow shirt.

He has said goodbye on his Instagram - so that's the last time he wears the yellow shirt.
He said goodbye last summer and still returned. He is still under contract at Middlesborough for another2 or 3 years so he will likely have a few weeks off before returning to discuss his future.

Back
Top Bottom