Current Player Marcus Browne

Browne out of tomorrow’s game due to injury from receiving bad challenges from Thompson. Apparently Browne’s ankle is in a terrible state
They should send the pics of the ankle to the refs governing body, it's a disgrace these cloggers get away with it week after week .

With Browne out tomorrow, maybe, just maybe Agyei might, might that is, get some first team game time ?
I don’t even know if that’s a good or a bad thing in these circumstances. If he does start he will likely be shoved out onto the wing, and then roundly criticised for not being good enough. Even though if Matt Taylor was told to play on the wing nobody would expect much from him, because he too is a striker and not much else.

With Marcus Brown out looked at the first team on club website for ideas for my Burton team, and bloody hell Baptist and Fosu are still there so I think I'll put Fosu in my team for Burton and have Shandon on the bench. You'd think someone would tidy things up a bit by now.

If and it’s a good possibility that the posh C***s don’t go up, I hope the U’s fans round on the t**t Thompson, verbally off course

I feel sorry for Browne - for whatever reason, Refs jut let him get kicked about and it takes many fouls for something to be done. Thompson was dirty and malicious (no surprise) and that has cost us a good player in a key game.

First class c#nt.

That is not a tackle, that is common assault causing ABH for which he would be arrested and charged in any other circumstance.

Tbf, that is just one of the tackles...there were others from Toney and Thompson again to get sent off.

Playing Browne through the middle is far more productive...at least if he is fouled its in dangerous areas

Tbf, that is just one of the tackles...there were others from Toney and Thompson again to get sent off.

Playing Browne through the middle is far more productive...at least if he is fouled its in dangerous areas
Agreed about the most effective way to use Browne, but regardless, that is serious foul play and players at all levels should expect protection from it. That could so easily result in a career ending/limiting injury. There are four officials controlling that game at pitch level and at least three of them should have been in a position to see that clearly, if they were paying attention....

Perhaps it is time football had a bit of a shake up in disciplinary procedures. Maybe they should take a leaf out of the RFU book. Length of ban (in weeks) following a red is decided by disciplinary panel and takes into account the nature of the offence, the intent of the player and their attitude before and after the event. Video evidence and witness statements are used in coming to that decision.

It would never happen in football, but as an example, being sent off in rugby for foul and abusive language directed to the referee carries a minimum ban of 6 weeks:oops:

Agreed about the most effective way to use Browne, but regardless, that is serious foul play and players at all levels should expect protection from it. That could so easily result in a career ending/limiting injury. There are four officials controlling that game at pitch level and at least three of them should have been in a position to see that clearly, if they were paying attention....

Perhaps it is time football had a bit of a shake up in disciplinary procedures. Maybe they should take a leaf out of the RFU book. Length of ban (in weeks) following a red is decided by disciplinary panel and takes into account the nature of the offence, the intent of the player and their attitude before and after the event. Video evidence and witness statements are used in coming to that decision.

It would never happen in football, but as an example, being sent off in rugby for foul and abusive language directed to the referee carries a minimum ban of 6 weeks:oops:

We rarely agree on many things but you are spot on with this. (y)

Rugby is becoming a completely brutal game in the professional era but I do not think the players go out with the intention of deliberately injuring an opposing player (and fellow pro), but I have no doubt whatsoever that some football managers / coaches instruct their players to foul opposing players. A pound to a pinch of s**t that ferguson told his players to go in hard on Marcus browne whenever they could.

imo, suspensions have to be consistent and disciplinary panels would be the wrong way to go, but would agree that certain offences should merit longer bans, e.g. serious foul play v deliberate hand ball for example.

Back
Top Bottom