Current Player Marcus browne

beyondthefourth

Boro fans seemed to turn on him while he was there. 0 goal involvements in 16 matches for them

2.5 goals for us later, they're saying he'll be great for them next season. Maybe they should realise he just plays better under Robinson. I'm sure Brentford fans will find the same thing with Fosu.

Fred

Isn't it a pity that so many young players seem to be in the wrong place for them to develop? Not surprisingly money is a factor, you could see how much he enjoyed be one of the star's of the show! Enthusiasm reminded me of Constable many years ago.

Foley

Isn't it a pity that so many young players seem to be in the wrong place for them to develop? Not surprisingly money is a factor, you could see how much he enjoyed be one of the star's of the show! Enthusiasm reminded me of Constable many years ago.
Yes a terrific performance and he seemed to really enjoy it.

Foley

I thought that Browne was a better bet than Agyei upfront.
He has all of the attributes- good in the air, quick, strong (he seems stronger on the ball than last season?),and he can clearly score goals.
He could make a big impact this season for us (and can easily play wide when Taylor plays)
I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 10 for us in the second half of the season

Mellowyellow

Great game yesterday, and hopefully for the rest of the season. He'll be a big miss when he goes back north. No doubt with half a great season under his belt, there'll be championship and bigger league one clubs offering a fee for him. We could never afford him or his wages.

Scotchegg

But weren't we on the verge of signing him, Boro came in with the same offer and he picked them?
I think Boro offered more, but not significantly. He would have been one of the biggest earners at Oxford on the contract deal offered.

werthersoriginal

But weren't we on the verge of signing him, Boro came in with the same offer and he picked them?
We matched the fee but they offered better wages. Which is always going to be a problem, but the lad needs to play and there’s no point him going back to sit in their reserves