Marcus Browne joins on loan

I'd agree the signs are not encouraging.

What annoys me - if I've got it right - is that if Browne's agent can persuade him that the grass on the other side of the fence is greener, then the agent will receive an additional fee. There is a vested interest in churn.

To be fair if a chance comes in for him to play championship football he will be off, it’s a bit of a no brainier for him and West Ham. All these loans are half season and see what happens, just how it is. It’s a big shame if he goes and we will definitely need a replacement, hopefully we have one lined up if the worst happens.

I would advise against reading too much into the comments from Browne. It’s easy to over interpret these things - particularly when printed in black and white. Whether he goes will be down to whether any Championship clubs really want to get in the ear of West Ham - Reading would be one place that might be considering it I imagine. They really should take Smith back instead of course!

Without wanting to fan the flames anymore on this one, there’s rumours that Ollie Watkins might be moving on to bigger and better things at Brentford. I’m not entirely sure if he’s a midfielder, winger or forward but they might be looking for a replacement and Canice Carroll would indicate that they keep a close eye on our players.

Ooh I feel all grubby getting involved in this transfer speculation stuff..

It’s a win win situation for us as a football club. Yes if Marcus Browne leaves in January it will be a big shame, but he will be appreciated for what he has done for us. At the same time we have proven yet again to a premier League club, that we can be trusted with there young assets. We give them the opportunity to express themselves, and give them game time, and should there be more starlets at West Ham United coming through, then one of the first names for them to go out on loan to will be OUFC.

Without wanting to fan the flames anymore on this one, there’s rumours that Ollie Watkins might be moving on to bigger and better things at Brentford. I’m not entirely sure if he’s a midfielder, winger or forward but they might be looking for a replacement and Canice Carroll would indicate that they keep a close eye on our players.

Ooh I feel all grubby getting involved in this transfer speculation stuff..

Ollie Watkins is a striker.

I hope we can keep Marcus for the rest of the season and injury free as I think there is a lot
More from this young man to come

Like many on the above thread I hope we can keep Marcus Brown until the end of the season. Lots of rumours circulating Leeds,WBA Sheff Utd. Stoke and others are all interested. They could all offer a larger percentage of his wage, and a higher level of football which would suit WHU.

We can offer regular starts and Oxford is a bit nearer home for the player.

Fingers crossed!

Don’t worry, nothing to see here as the Sun are talking about a different Marcus Browne also at West Ham......

Attachments

• 958983A5-BEBA-425A-8A2A-FB2826059D55.jpeg
    958983A5-BEBA-425A-8A2A-FB2826059D55.jpeg
    560.9 KB · Views: 40
I've heard that people whose genitals are mutilated in tragic hairdressing accidents are compensated, so why not us?

Back
Top Bottom