Marcus Browne joins on loan

Another young lad. Barely a minute in anger at professional level, but if his attitude is right (and KR doesn’t accept those that don’t have the right attitude) then he could be a good’un.

Welcome, Marcus.

Delighted with how KR has recruited players with pace in his squad totally different to what pep brought in last season in players like Mowatt once Johnson left & Hall was injured we had nothing in the team (pace wise)

Number 10 or either side of the wing can play then

Goid signing if he has the right attitude. We have a good selection of attacking midfielders/no.10 players. We just need to sort the centre forward role. We cannot rely on obika.

Attacking options this year look like they have more pace and quality than last year. Hall, Browne and Whyte look to have the pace, Carruthers & Henry some creative spark, Mackie a workhorse with some quality thrown in, Obika & maybe Smith to lead the line?

Throw in Napa as he develops next season.

Looking pretty strong.

Last edited:
Goid signing if he has the right attitude. We have a good selection of attacking midfielders/no.10 players. We just need to sort the centre forward role. We cannot rely on obika.

Agreed totally. We need a 20 goal a season striker. Then we will have a chance.

To the statto nerds out there: have we ever been promoted without a 20 goal striker? - Because I'm really not sure it's a mandatory for a successful season (granted it helps - but surely so would a 20+ assist provider)

Welcome to the mighty Yellows Marcus. Hope you enjoy your time here.

To the statto nerds out there: have we ever been promoted without a 20 goal striker? - Because I'm really not sure it's a mandatory for a successful season (granted it helps - but surely so would a 20+ assist provider)

In The Championship & League 1 last season there were only 4 players to reach 20 goals and none of them played for promoted teams. So no it’s not mandatory.

After Hall came off tonight you could see why we have signed another pacey player, he caused them loads of problems that we couldn’t replicate second half without him.

Not certain about Napa from what I have seen so far, thought Baptise looked far more promising, so don’t think we can rely on him this season.

Back
Top Bottom