Other - Rest of the World Maradona

Can’t deny that he was an amazing talent but he was also a cheating, drug taking f**k.

Being a great sportsman is more than just talent, it is also about how you conduct yourself in the eyes of all of your followers.

Pele, now there is a real sportsman.

All this B*****s about what a hero and a legend he is...err, no. Take note kids, how he lived his life is not to be recommended and he died prematurely as a result.

Anyway, hopefully God is now having a serious word with him about being implicated in “that incident”.

Serious talent but couldn’t handle everything that goes with it.
In my head God was waiting for him, gave him a slap for taking his name in vein for 34 years and sent him to live in Swindon.
I might be hungover.

Serious talent but couldn’t handle everything that goes with it.
In my head God was waiting for him, gave him a slap for taking his name in vein for 34 years and sent him to live in Swindon.
I might be hungover.
Even with his amazing ability the one thing he did handle will be the overriding memory of him for so many people.

And I still maintain that Hebberd's telescopic leg would have prevent the 'wonder' second goal 😉. Not that I hold grudges about England selections for long.

that’s two world class attackers dead in as many weeks.
Maradona and Peter Sutcliffe!!

It is interesting that one of the defining images of Maradona (apparently taking on 6 Belgians) turned out to be a 'trick' of the angle/timing of the shot. What actually happened was that the Belgians were lined up for a free kick, the ball was played sideways to Maradona, and the wall turned towards him.
That said, he was an amazing player.
maradone.jpg

Can’t deny that he was an amazing talent but he was also a cheating, drug taking f**k.

Being a great sportsman is more than just talent, it is also about how you conduct yourself in the eyes of all of your followers.

Pele, now there is a real sportsman.

All this B*****s about what a hero and a legend he is...err, no. Take note kids, how he lived his life is not to be recommended and he died prematurely as a result.

Anyway, hopefully God is now having a serious word with him about being implicated in “that incident”.

Pele is getting the didn’t play in Europe line thrown at him. Very harsh when you consider all he achieved.

Mara dons is up in the top 5. But would just get 3rd behind Pele and Ronaldo (Portugal)

Best player of all time?

I don't think you can have a best player of all time but can have a best of a generation and Maradona was that.

There isn't a way to compare a Eusebio or earlier players against Ronaldo/Maradona etc as people won't have seen both in the same way/quantity and football itself has changed. Eusebio, for example, may have found it easier after not having to avoid being hacked a lot.

An incredible talent. But he was flawed.
I would say that he has to be one of the all time top 3 players.
He practically dragged Argentina to a World Cup singlehanded.
Of course we hated him for that hand ball... Naturally! But he was just sublime with the ball at his feet.
RIP Diego.

I think maradonna lived off the hype of his 2 decent world cups. Overrated. Compare him to someone like T. Henry. Both world cup winners, scored a similar amount of goals for club and country but maradonna is hailed as one of the best players ever. Never understood it.

Last edited:
I think maradonna lived off the hype of his 2 decent world cups. Overrated. Compare him to someone like T. Henry. Both world cup winners, scored a similar amount of goals for club and country but maradonna is hailed as one of the best players ever. Never understood it.
T. Henry another cheat France v RoI WC qualifier.

Maradona is a metaphor for Europe and Brexit.

Everyone outside England loves him because he was a brilliant footballer , but more than that , he fucked England with the handball. And that’s why they love him. To get one over the old enemy and not just fair and square , but by cheating too.

Back
Top Bottom