MAPP - WBA u23's

wonder if he got any regrets, not necessarily leaving us but going to Leicester as assistant.
good luck to him anyway, he deserves it and if successful may lead onto better things

Im sure he regrets leaving us. That move to Leicester has put his career back, five years. No sympathy, whatsoever. I wouldnt want him back here. And no, im not bitter ?

Good luck to him. He’s back working which is the main thing.

I'd happily have him back if the vacancy arose.
Personally, I at this point I prefer KR and I am happy he has signed a new deal. I think he could do big things this season, with the right signings before the window closes. I have gone right off Appleton. Thought he was so much better than Oxford and look where he ended up.

Personally, I at this point I prefer KR and I am happy he has signed a new deal. I think he could do big things this season, with the right signings before the window closes. I have gone right off Appleton. Thought he was so much better than Oxford and look where he ended up.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm happy with KR and like his focus on youth. That said MApp built the foundations for KR, well that which survived Pep Clotet. Also, I don't think MApp thought he was better than Oxford, more that he could see Eales running things down and Leicester offered him a rather big pay rise.

Why? its what he spent 10 years doing, very well, we've reinvested in the academy budget and Bilic unlike Pulis sees the academy as a boon

My take is he should be managing a club's first team somewhere as he has proven himself more than up to the task.

My take is he should be managing a club's first team somewhere as he has proven himself more than up to the task.

Quote Editor messed up oh well.. Thing is Oxford was his big success Perhaps because he got Roofe for £1 . It Seems people hold Leicester against him. But people move on. Nature of the game. I expected him to do more with Shan, but, he was more involved with the academy. He's back running it now

Looking at the staff WBA has acquired as a result of appointing Bilic, I would not be surprised if he were to become caretaker manager should Bilic leave.

Quote Editor messed up oh well.. Thing is Oxford was his big success Perhaps because he got Roofe for £1 . It Seems people hold Leicester against him. But people move on. Nature of the game. I expected him to do more with Shan, but, he was more involved with the academy. He's back running it now

He changed the culture at Oxford which was his big success with us. Roofe was but 1 of the many good things he did such as the players he signed (ie. Curtis Nelson, Chris Maguire, Liam Sercombe etc) and nearly signed (Liam Lindsay which didn't happen as he left), developed young players like Callum O'Dowda and helped develop the coaching team which a fair few are still at the club.

Perhaps a step back from the first team will make it easier for him to move on if a job comes up? But on the face of it, seems a strange move for him to make.

He changed the culture at Oxford which was his big success with us. Roofe was but 1 of the many good things he did such as the players he signed (ie. Curtis Nelson, Chris Maguire, Liam Sercombe etc) and nearly signed (Liam Lindsay which didn't happen as he left), developed young players like Callum O'Dowda and helped develop the coaching team which a fair few are still at the club.

Basically what he is doing now then? with both Moore and Shan gone. the academy is in a state of flux. I use Roofe as he is a common player for both clubs. Mapp will always have a job with us. But his true skill is in development and that's not knock. His managerial success was only really you and perhaps Portsmouth for awhile. perhaps he longer wants to days after day deal with the DE's, Jenkins and Lai's of the world

Back
Top Bottom