MAPP - Notts County

For me going to Shrewsbury would be a backwards step aswell they massively overachieved last season & now in a position where you’d expect them to be after selling all there better players, a big league 1 club with ambition to go up (Sunderland, Barnsley, even Bradford if they weren’t in the position they currently are as they were expecting to be in the top 6) or a decent championship club should be his aim otherwise we should be going in for him if he’s looking to manage clubs like Shrewsbury & Notts county
Is Mapp going to be any better than the manager we have at the moment?
both had shaky starts.
Mapp is unproven at this level unlike KR.

both had shaky starts.

Define 'unproven'.

In his League 1 campaign with us he guided us to 8th, reached a EFL Trophy final, navigated us to the fifth round of the FA Cup and bought and developed a player who was then sold for £2.5m. As first seasons go, that wasn't a bad one!

both had shaky starts.

Long term I think so, Mapp was unproven at league 2 level but still managed to get us promoted in his 2nd season in charge & at this level he managed to get us within 4 points of the playoffs without any backing in January that season, if he’d of stayed & got the funds in the 2nd season in League 1 I would of backed us to finish in the top 6

For me going to Shrewsbury would be a backwards step aswell they massively overachieved last season & now in a position where you’d expect them to be after selling all there better players, a big league 1 club with ambition to go up (Sunderland, Barnsley, even Bradford if they weren’t in the position they currently are as they were expecting to be in the top 6) or a decent championship club should be his aim otherwise we should be going in for him if he’s looking to manage clubs like Shrewsbury & Notts county
Notts County could be a big club, they’re nothing like Shrewsbury

Define 'unproven'.

In his League 1 campaign with us he guided us to 8th, reached a EFL Trophy final, navigated us to the fifth round of the FA Cup and bought and developed a player who was then sold for £2.5m. As first seasons go, that wasn't a bad one!
1 season in div 1, he didn't get us in the playoffs, concentrated on the cups for the financial gain and a good CV.
Do you not think if Mapp put more effort into the league campaign we could of got to the playoff?
I remember some team selections in the league that had one eye on cup games.
I did say unproven in div 1.

Long term I think so, Mapp was unproven at league 2 level but still managed to get us promoted in his 2nd season in charge & at this level he managed to get us within 4 points of the playoffs without any backing in January that season, if he’d of stayed & got the funds in the 2nd season in League 1 I would of backed us to finish in the top 6
They don't put down if's but's and may be's on your CV.
Robinson has got a team out of this league.

The way things are going? You mean 6 league games undefeated? How do you work that out?

At the time of the post, we were still in the relegation zone. It's easy to spin 6 league draws on the run, but not when you open your eyes and look at the individual games results and the fact that draw after draw isn't going to get you out of the relegation zone.
Scunthorpe, a great draw? Never. We were 0-3 up remember, to then threw the game away. Hopefully today will be a starting point of wins not just fabled clean sheets.

At the time of the post, we were still in the relegation zone. It's easy to spin 6 league draws on the run, but not when you open your eyes and look at the individual games results and the fact that draw after draw isn't going to get you out of the relegation zone.
Scunthorpe, a great draw? Never. We were 0-3 up remember, to then threw the game away. Hopefully today will be a starting point of wins not just fabled clean sheets.
Out of the last 6 league games we have won 3.

Some right plonkers on here, why post if you aren't a supporter? You should go to some games, see a very hard working team with some really skilful players. Robinson's done OK so far, maybe a bit less well than we hoped but no one can doubt his history - getting shitty MK Dons, a plastic club with no fans or history, into the Championship and also developing Dele Alli are achievements no one can deny.

Or only 2 wins in 6, depending on how you choose to look at it
Er we had 5 points in 11 games.
Now we have 17 in 17.
So that is promotion form in the past 7/8 games.
Sure it depends on how you look at it but I am struggling to see how anybody can't see that as a huge improvement?

Who said Scunthorpe was a 'great' draw? Did anybody?
But what 12 points in 6 games (?). Are you suggesting that is anything other than excellent form especially based on the terrible start and the injuries/ Whytes international call ups?
Oh and we never got 6 draws on the bounce? Or don't facts matter?

Who said Scunthorpe was a 'great' draw? Did anybody?
But what 12 points in 6 games (?). Are you suggesting that is anything other than excellent form especially based on the terrible start and the injuries/ Whytes international call ups?
Oh and we never got 6 draws on the bounce? Or don't facts matter?

Calm down karl, calm down!

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Shaun Derry apparently in the running for the Notts County job now

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Shaun Derry apparently in the running for the Notts County job now

He was 5th fav on Saturday night. He is now down to 16/1 with Skybet. Appleton 11/1. Paul Hurst is favourite for the job at 8/11.

He was 5th fav on Saturday night. He is now down to 16/1 with Skybet. Appleton 11/1. Paul Hurst is favourite for the job at 8/11.
Ah thanks. Not sure how I’d feel about Derry leaving. A few weeks ago I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid but with the upturn in fortunes I don’t think I want anything potentially rocking the boat now. And with the unknown state of the clubs finances, would he be replaced or would Faz be ‘upgraded’ again?

Back
Top Bottom