MApp exited Leicester

He isn’t getting a prem job based on a second placed finish in league 2 a couple of years back and a season as an assistant for Leicester, the poorest prem club can afford the wages to attract managers with topflight success from around Europe.

He has made a lot of money out of the move so fair play, but it hasn’t really progressed his career much. He will have to take a backward step to go forward again, Moore doing well at West Brom at the end of the season was a bit of a nightmare for him as I think he would of got that.

Might regret it professionally, probably not financially. I wonder if Sunderland made an enquiry. If he goes to wba as assistant he will replace Moore within a year if they are not in the playoff spots

I expect him to be appointed. I do think Moore will get the full year as this season is a rebuild. Moore has both the support of both Lai and Jenkins. If Appleton comes, I think it'll all start to move.

What came first? The guns or the tattoo? It’s the 21st century version of the chicken or the egg.
The tats but not so full on :D

He also told us WE was the dream ticket

roofe was on 4K a week

Mapp would never get us out of l2 playing nice football

That he had nothing to do with the sartori bid

That he single handedly built, saved and run Oufc.

So using the phrase “charlie told us” doesn’t really add much credibility

There's a scene in V for Vendetta where V appears on TV screens in London and starts his address "good evening London". Can't help but imagine V with Charlie's head photoshopped in his place and the tag "good evening moonshiners".

You probably have no idea what I'm talking about... let me YouTube it.

V for Vendetta- The Revolutionary Speech (HD) - YouTube.MKV_snapshot_00.28_[2018.07.01_14.50.04].jpg

I wonder if Appleton might go and end up heading up an academy

Really? Trainset Stew and Sartori COULD have completed the takeover but for arguing over a million or so? Charlie told us that £25M was the sum needed to invest for an OUFC takeover and a good shot at Championship football. Yet one year later, Donald finds £40M to buy out Sunderland ? something smells ...

So it was not in the best interests of the club pursuing the Donald/Sartori takeover as they were too far away from a deal. and to evidence why it wasn't in the best interests of the club, Appleton walked away.

Not very impressive to re-write the story based on wishful hindsight. Nor to corroborate your wishful thinking with quotes from Charlie Methven who, I suggest, would be an unreliable witness at his own confirmation.

This is what was published and stated at the time: the Sartori group offer was accepted, and they were doing due diligence when Eels called it off. Curiously that was at the same time he was allegedly introduced to Tiger.

The notion of 25m to make a shot at championship football clearly included investment over and above buying the concrete toilet or developing fantasy land in Water Eaton. Charlie said. And your shot at Donald is B*****s: the news is that Sunderland is a different class of football club from Oxford.

Appleton left because Eels welshed on his investment and Appleton saw no prospect of Eels straightening out.

And whilst on his honeymoon. Suppose the pay off can pay for a honeymoon extension!

And whilst on his honeymoon. Suppose the pay off can pay for a honeymoon extension!

“Sorry to break this to you on our honeymoon love, but I’ve got some bad news and some further bad news.”

“What’s that?”

“Firstly, I’ve lost my job. And secondly, I’ve been given a million quid in compensation.”

“Wait, the second part is good news isn’t it?”

“Not if you completely forgot to get a prenup before the wedding it’s not.”

Meanwhile trainset stew and charlie regretting appointing a manager already at Sunderland.

I wonder whether S&C have appointed the Scots chap on the cheap to save a few pennies in the wider picture, with the view that 'anyone' SHOULD be able to get them back up in one go, but that he is easily disposable at the end of the season if they havent gone up or whenever they have the budget/stability to bring in someone more prominent....

Putting his career prospects and the inevitable speculation aside, I feel sorry for the man who has proven integrity, undeniable passion and commitment.I expect he will be feeling very disappointed by this at a personal level. I wish him the very best.

I wonder whether S&C have appointed the Scots chap on the cheap to save a few pennies in the wider picture, with the view that 'anyone' SHOULD be able to get them back up in one go, but that he is easily disposable at the end of the season if they havent gone up or whenever they have the budget/stability to bring in someone more prominent....
I am not sure Mooro but it does seem to be quite a risk (although they allegedly tried for CW who turned them down)

• React
Reactions: m
He isn’t getting a prem job based on a second placed finish in league 2 a couple of years back and a season as an assistant for Leicester, the poorest prem club can afford the wages to attract managers with topflight success from around Europe.

He has made a lot of money out of the move so fair play, but it hasn’t really progressed his career much. He will have to take a backward step to go forward again, Moore doing well at West Brom at the end of the season was a bit of a nightmare for him as I think he would of got that.
I feel that Moore will fail @ WBA and Mapp will replace within 10 games.

Moore did very well, when there was NO pressure. He will be under huge pressure to get their season off to a flyer and I just cant see it happening. IMO a wager on Mapp next WBA manager could be a good investment of your 5 British pounds.

I see that WBA have appointed an assistant manager. Not MAPP.
I wonder what kind of job MAPP will get? After Leicester and Oxford he needs a Championship managers role really.

Back
Top Bottom