General Manager Sack Watch

Looks like Matt Taylor (ex Exeter/Rotherham manager) is going to be the new Bristol Rovers manager.

You'd have to imagine this is going to be horribly confusing for the average Rovers fan.

The Matt Taylor derby is scheduled for 1st April when Shrewsbury Town visit the Memorial Stadium.

Sunderland draw Newcastle in the FA Cup and then sack their manager - interesting.

9th in the Championship (5 places above Bristol City).

Swansea and Sunderland are interesting. I reckon if Manning hadn't already gone to Bristol City, one of those would have been in for him. Probably Swansea as they like to play football on the ground. I wonder which young, progressive managers will take over or will they just get the same old names that constantly do the rounds?

I thought Michael Duff when at Cheltenham would have been a good replacement for KR, but obviously Barnsley came in before KR departed. Cheltenham played decent football under him on what would have been a small budget.

The Sunderland sacking is very odd, Mowbray was liked by the Mackems fans and players apparently. A crazy day in championship land

The pursuit of the path to the promised land has many casualties along the way......... its all about the ££££`s to sustain a club for their brief dalliance in the sun and the following slump into reality.

Sunderland draw Newcastle in the FA Cup and then sack their manager - interesting.
They have a history of new managers winning their first game against Newcastle, I believe both Allardyce and Di Canio did it, so obviously the first move in an attempt to get to the fourth round.

It sounds as if Heckingbottom has been replaced by Wilder at Sheffield United.

How on earth he is expected to save Sheffield U, I don’t know. They need at least seven or eight more players given that the promotion side has lost their best players.
Wilder is optimistic they’ll stay up though

How on earth he is expected to save Sheffield U, I don’t know. They need at least seven or eight more players given that the promotion side has lost their best players.
Wilder is optimistic they’ll stay up though
Remarkably they are only 4 points off safety ( until Evertons points deduction is reduced)
Wilder is good at organizing and making teams very difficult to beat ( with the players that he has). His last 3 or so jobs have not worked for him so will be interesting to see

Back
Top Bottom