General Manager Sack Watch

QPR one of the increasingly rare clubs at this level and above who don’t currently have a football management structure centred around a DoF / Sporting Director. Les Ferdinand left in the summer and was never replaced. They’re in a bit of a mess.

There is only one man for the job. He may have been turned down by them last year, but fortunately for them he doesn’t hold a grudge.

It’s time.
I didn't realise Ferdinand left. Was it mutual or more to it? QPR obviously close to his heart.

I didn't realise Ferdinand left. Was it mutual or more to it? QPR obviously close to his heart.

Looks like it was mutual.

From the sounds of it, he would have left sooner but felt a pressure to continue in the role longer than he would have liked, being one of the few black directors of football.

After giving him a 'long term contract ' in September!
They lost 3 of their best players in the summer, so I am not surprised that they are struggling, even after their good start.
He was being touted as a possible replacement for us.

After giving him a 'long term contract ' in September!
They lost 3 of their best players in the summer, so I am not surprised that they are struggling, even after their good start.
Conducted himself very well on his visits to the Kassam. Great respect for the man.

Looks like Matt Taylor (ex Exeter/Rotherham manager) is going to be the new Bristol Rovers manager.

Back
Top Bottom