Manager Power

yellowbow

Apologies for starting another thread on the current failings at our club and where the responsibilities lie but I do think this point is worthy of its own discussion: Does Robinson have too much power at the club?

In his latest OM interview he says that coaching the team makes up just 10% of what he does. Surely with our current league position he should be devoting 100% of his time to it. The current situation clearly isn’t working.

He also states - again - several times about building the club up again from scratch ( why exactly isn’t clear) and his apparent leading role in the project. I’ve thought for some time that his role at the club covers far more than that of just a manager or coach, due to Tigers absence and the apparent lack of any management structure. To me, Robinson’s latest comments seem to back this up.

My question therefore, is two fold

Is it healthy for a manager to have such power and control in areas above team management in the clubs structure?

Does Robinson have the right temperament to make a success of it?

I’m not saying it’s his fault necessarily. He could be the victim of Tigers failings, but something clearly isn’t working at the moment.

Apologies for starting another thread on the current failings at our club and where the responsibilities lie but I do think this point is worthy of its own discussion: Does Robinson have too much power at the club?

In his latest OM interview he says that coaching the team makes up just 10% of what he does. Surely with our current league position he should be devoting 100% of his time to it. The current situation clearly isn’t working.

He also states - again - several times about building the club up again from scratch ( why exactly isn’t clear) and his apparent leading role in the project. I’ve thought for some time that his role at the club covers far more than that of just a manager or coach, due to Tigers absence and the apparent lack of any management structure. To me, Robinson’s latest comments seem to back this up.

My question therefore, is two fold

Is it healthy for a manager to have such power and control in areas above team management in the clubs structure?

Does Robinson have the right temperament to make a success of it?

I’m not saying it’s his fault necessarily. He could be the victim of Tigers failings, but something clearly isn’t working at the moment.

link to KR interview ....https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...vXhnDvwDCP7kujwuBHkPfaTRzzTB8rM_oFExap3jTOpPU

I doubt KR officially has anymore ‘power’ at the club than say Appleton did.

However there may well be a ‘power vacuum’ created by the owners inability to lead, delegate & manage, which inevitably will end up being filled.

I doubt KR officially has anymore ‘power’ at the club than say Appleton did.

However there may well be a ‘power vacuum’ created by the owners inability to lead, delegate & manage, which inevitably will end up being filled.

We also don't know what Pep changed behind the scenes.

All the above plus who believes all of what KR says. He is a massive self publicist.

Buy yellowbow has a point if all of this is true this could be a big issue. KR running the whole show and utterly un-sackable would be a heck of a way to run things.

All the above plus who believes all of what KR says. He is a massive self publicist.

Buy yellowbow has a point if all of this is true this could be a big issue. KR running the whole show and utterly un-sackable would be a heck of a way to run things.
“KR running the whole show and utterly un-sackable”

Nail on head regarding my suspicions..

I do not believe all the faults can be laid at KR's door. The way the club is run with an absentee Chairman, his 'ghost written' programme notes, ex schoolteacher MD who has not got a clue & all the other 'hoods' who have come onto the board are the main reasons. How embarrassing for KR to have players say to him ..."I hear your club is up the creek"!!

I do not believe all the faults can be laid at KR's door. The way the club is run with an absentee Chairman, his 'ghost written' programme notes, ex schoolteacher MD who has not got a clue & all the other 'hoods' who have come onto the board are the main reasons. How embarrassing for KR to have players say to him ..."I hear your club is up the creek"!!
But the two things possibly go hand in hand.

BECAUSE of Tiger’s absenteeism and a total lack of any management structure, maybe KR is being overstretched. Hence the failings on the pitch.

I suppose the point I’m making is I’m starting to have a lot more sympathy for Robinson and the almost impossible situation he’s finding himself in.

Maybe, however, because of Robinson’s apparent self confidence, he thinks it’s an ideal scenario? Or, at least he did initially, before everything started to go tits up. Who knows..

I would agree with the point that there is a vacuum which KR is possibly trying to cover.
I am deeply concerned that we failed to do the paperwork to send Smith back, this is a failure in administration that should not be allowed to happen. As a former finance/admin manager it strikes me that there are insufficient procedures in place and /or insufficient delegation of responsibilities with commensurate authority. This would lead to issues such as missing HMRC deadlines or neglecting the paperwork to offload a surplus player. Needs resolving soon.

I would agree with the point that there is a vacuum which KR is possibly trying to cover.
I am deeply concerned that we failed to do the paperwork to send Smith back, this is a failure in administration that should not be allowed to happen. As a former finance/admin manager it strikes me that there are insufficient procedures in place and /or insufficient delegation of responsibilities with commensurate authority. This would lead to issues such as missing HMRC deadlines or neglecting the paperwork to offload a surplus player. Needs resolving soon.

Smith’s gone. Keep up!

Back
Top Bottom