Man U v Man C

Didcotox

Pleased Man U are making a decent fist if this. Was in the back of my mind that they would be a walkover to prevent Liverpool having the advantage.

Man U actually putting some effort into this game but City justice little too good for them.
DeGea has started making a few poor mistakes.

Man U lose to Chelsea on Sunday and that’s the champions league gone, another poor season and way off even being the best club in their own city, it’s embarrassing for the ‘biggest club in the world’ but they are also rans now, that won’t change under the Glazers.

F×#k me. I paid a tenner for that! Quite enhoyed the game, but the post-match guff is awful. The bloke just asked Kompany "what do you think it will take for you to win the league fro here?". Win the remaining games you moron (is what I wish he'd said). And Roy Keane? Don't get me started. I'm just annoyed the dirty bastard's so pissed off. Makes Neville look like a genius.

F×#k me. I paid a tenner for that! Quite enhoyed the game, but the post-match guff is awful. The bloke just asked Kompany "what do you think it will take for you to win the league fro here?". Win the remaining games you moron (is what I wish he'd said). And Roy Keane? Don't get me started. I'm just annoyed the dirty bastard's so pissed off. Makes Neville look like a genius.

I don't mean annoyed, I mean just "enjoying that".

Sorry. Bit pissed.

The fact Liverpool were relying on Man U to win is great. But Man U looked like a rabble and not a team. The City organisation spend a lot, but get players for their way of play, not named toys who don't play well with others. And it showed yesterday.

I do wonder if the job is too big for Solskjaer.

The fact Liverpool were relying on Man U to win is great. But Man U looked like a rabble and not a team. The City organisation spend a lot, but get players for their way of play, not named toys who don't play well with others. And it showed yesterday.

I do wonder if the job is too big for Solskjaer.
As you suggested City have spent big in total for players like Mendy Walker Sane B Silva etc.
But they seem to have purchased far better that Pogba £89m, Lukaku £75m, Fred £47m
Man U are almost in a position where they need to start again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Man C slip up. Stranger things have happened.
Lovely to see Man U slip up again

I wouldn’t be surprised if Man C slip up. Stranger things have happened.
Lovely to see Man U slip up again
As you say City could slip up.
But so could Liverpool at Newcastle for example .

How the hell did Paul Pogba make it into the PFA Team of the Year?
Better than Hazard, Eriksen and Son apparently.
Completely unfathomable.

2 nil to the Boys in blue. Ole's bubble is bursting badly
This isnt down to OGS though is it - he managed to generate a bounce when he came in, but that squad is genuinely awful and will need a lot of turning around before they can actually sustain a decent improvement. Someone made a good point yesterday that the downturn in form for De Gea is making this team look worse, given that he often saved them in games under the previous regimes.

Completely unfathomable.
On the radio last night they asked the question to pick a team of the year from the clubs currently in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th - which when you look at it, highlights the general lack of quality among those four teams. Yes, you could probably cobble together an XI to challenge the top two, but there would not be anything like the depth that you would expect.

I can’t see anything but 9 points for both Man City and Liverpool, they are comfortably better than the teams they are playing. Man City have averaged around 2.6 points a game from about the last 80 premier league games for instance, and Liverpool are good enough to keep up with that team. Both these teams are a bit special (feel a bit sorry for Spurs who by a few years back standard would of had a title by now), they have left the rest behind.

Completely unfathomable.
Agree that those 3 must have been better than Pogba this season.
It is picked by the players , so even more surprising?

This isnt down to OGS though is it - he managed to generate a bounce when he came in, but that squad is genuinely awful and will need a lot of turning around before they can actually sustain a decent improvement. Someone made a good point yesterday that the downturn in form for De Gea is making this team look worse, given that he often saved them in games under the previous regimes.

It is a truly awful squad for a club of Man Utd's stature. A team/squad that is based around Smalling, Fred (what exactly does he do?), Lukaku, Lindelof, Jones, Sanchez etc is not going to compete at the top end. OGS will need to clear out most of that squad Land Pogba would be one of the 1st out of the door for me, at best flatters to deceive. Why the hell did they give Phil Jones another 4 year contract?!

The ones worth keeping off the top of my head for me are De Gea, Lingard, Rashford, Martial, McTominay, Shaw, Young (as experienced cover). The others not named I can't remember tbh whether they are worth keeping or not.

Would Man Utd consider a rebuilding year where OGS (is safe in his job) promotes and bloods young players from their Academy like Gomes, Henderson (as the no.2) etc? That would be my approach as they will still sign players (spending many £millions no doubt) but it gives him a season to start to change the squad culture and direction of the club. As part of this, for me, the players they should try to sign are young players with potential as well such as those at Ajax (De Ligt, Neres etc) with a few established players.

The issue being that there is so much money in the Prem that teams don't have to be clever with their recruitment.

Man Utd can afford expensive mistakes (Sanchez, Fred...Pogba?). If it doesn't work out, get rid, rinse and repeat.

That back line is hideous...were they all bought in by Fergie? Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Young?

Back
Top Bottom