EPL Man U v Arsenal

It is awful.
Also Arsenal fans asking is this a library for much of the game

The real disgrace is the amount of money represented by the players on the pitch. The cost of a ticket to watch that rubbish and the waste of a Monday evening getting there (and back, for the Arsenal support)

Seeing the lino flag for offside when Aubameyang is 2/3 yards onside and it's literally right in front of him makes me feel slightly better about the officiating we have to put up with. At least it's universally sh*t.

I agree with the previous posts. I know there was a fair bit of pressure on both teams not to lose and the conditions weren’t great but I thought the standard was as poor as I’ve seen in a very long time, quite shocking in fact. How much did Arsenal pay for Pepe?! On that showing Tariqe is ten times the player.

Man U are, and have been for some time, incredibly dull to watch.

It wasn’t so long ago that this would have been a champagne fixture. The forum would have had a ten pager pointless back and forth between Baldy and Moobs.

It’s no longer champagne. It’s tramp’s P**s. It is funny seeing a generation who glory supported Man United throughout their triumphant years having to cope with mediocrity.

It wasn’t so long ago that this would have been a champagne fixture. The forum would have had a ten pager pointless back and forth between Baldy and Moobs.

It’s no longer champagne. It’s tramp’s P**s. It is funny seeing a generation who glory supported Man United throughout their triumphant years having to cope with mediocrity.

Absolutely spot on mate. Those sort usually find an excuse as to why they “haven’t bothered for years”

Man U are back to where they were in the 1980's. We beat them three times, including the league cup second replay which I remember listening to on the radio - probably my first exposure to Oxford (and Nick Harris I imagine) - and also Fergie's first game in charge after Big Ron got sacked.

History is pretty much repeating itself. Man U went through several managers after the glory days of Matt Busby, and even got relegated. It took 25 years for them to win another title.

Man U are back to where they were in the 1980's. We beat them three times, including the league cup second replay which I remember listening to on the radio - probably my first exposure to Oxford (and Nick Harris I imagine) - and also Fergie's first game in charge after Big Ron got sacked.

History is pretty much repeating itself. Man U went through several managers after the glory days of Matt Busby, and even got relegated. It took 25 years for them to win another title.

Cant see them progressing until Woodward and the Glazers are gone, now.

Shan't lose any sleep over it (until we're in the premier league, of course).

Just watched Newcastle v Man U, if Fred is worth £52m what price for Baptiste or Brannagan?!? He’s on a 5 year contract as well, unbelievable.

A very low quality game.
Man U are a very average PL team at the moment.

Just watched Newcastle v Man U, if Fred is worth £52m what price for Baptiste or Brannagan?!? He’s on a 5 year contract as well, unbelievable.

I have genuinely lol'd at the few of Fred's performances I've seen. They got sold an absolute pup with him and indicative of the mess they are in.

It was great to see a local lad, Matty Longstaff, score and the brilliant interview along with his brother, afterwards.

Fred is laughably poor. I don't like either ManU or Newcastle very much (although TBF at least most of the Toon fans have something to do with the town) and found myself wanting them both to lose. Having said that, seeing a hometown boy debutant scoring an excellent winner and his obvious delight at doing so was the highlight of the game!

Fred is the scapegoat in that team. He, in my opinion, is nothing like as ineffective as Rashford especially, Lingard or Matic. I’ve watched a fair few of their games lately and anyone saying he is worse than those three knows absolutely nothing about the game. Fred is sure no world beater and he’s ridiculously over priced at £50m but his contribution is still greater than the three mentioned.

Rashford is not in the top dozen strikers in the PL. Lingard is a championship player and Matic, well.

Obviously you 'know more about the game' than many, many commentators then! Rashford IS going through a poor patch unarguably, but what sort of supply was there to him today? He has also shown in past games that he can be very effective indeed - not sure you can say the same about Fred (certainly on today's showing which was awful, I can't and didn't claim that I watch enough ManU games to be an expert on him). I don't have much time for Lingard (£51 million cheaper than Fred) or Matic (£20 million cheaper than Fred) either, but he stands out in the Blimey How Much stakes.

Back
Top Bottom