Man City

Scotchegg

How good are they? I know they've spent silly money, but so have the rest of the top 6 over the last few years. They made Spurs look poor yesterday and seem to be strolling towards the title. Is this a reflection on a pretty ordinary PL or do they rank as being up there with the best?

Real test will be when they get one of the European big boys in the champions league

Citeh are playing on another planet at the moment. They are a joy to watch and have well and truly got under Mourinho's skin. It's good seeing their English players really develop and not be allowed to be content with what tey are - it does make me wonder about the quality of coaching before at various clubs.

Getting so far ahead in the league may well help them in Europe.

Kevin De Bruyne has to be a very serious contender to be the best player in the world at the moment. A top, top player.

I don't watch much premier league but I have seen bits of City's games recently and they are really good to watch, the move for De Bruyne's goal, the speed, I honestly thought he was going to square it across the box, but he nearly took the keepers hand off...

They will probably get beat in the league during this season but not often enough to give the chasing pack much hope :D

How good are they? I know they've spent silly money, but so have the rest of the top 6 over the last few years. They made Spurs look poor yesterday and seem to be strolling towards the title. Is this a reflection on a pretty ordinary PL or do they rank as being up there with the best?

It certainly is not an 'ordinary PL'- certainly not compared with recent seasons. Just look at the CL. England had 4 group winners and Chelsea really should have won their group. This is a real improvement on recent seasons.

Man City are a very very good team. If they keep going the way that they are, this season could go down as the best ever for a team in the English top Division. 56 goals in just 18 games. 52 point. That is remarkable. It does look like they will run away with the Premiership (although in football you just never know).

How they get on in the CL will be an interesting one. Madrid, PSG, Barca and Bayern will still be very difficult to beat. Depending on the draw Man City could well get to the last 4 minimum.

Back
Top Bottom