League Cup Man City tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real fan is someone that goes on a hell of a hike in midweek to places like Barrow in Furness.

I’m just glad I’m able to renew my season ticket each year, and get priority on cup games etc. No hassle and problems. Even if you can’t make every game it has its advantages.

can we have badges please saying real fan or part time fan. make it easier to identify who’s more loyal
Ooo yes. We could work out who are “real” fans too by using an algorithm which takes into account: how many matches attended in a season; how long you’ve been supporting the team (I score highly on this one ?); how loud you shout (not so good) and whether you can name Oxford’s full backs in the 1973/4 season. And there could be gold, silver and yellow badges for grading.

Like Ricky Otto I believe I can call myself a real fan. No season ticket (location), I have a membership number. But my card has not arrived yet. I'm patient.

I also got hooked on the team from up the hill by an away game at a big name club in the cup, Weymouth away in 1953 ( we lost but the fuse was lit) .
I would love to be able to attend more matches, as I did when I lived in Oxford, but the cost is prohibitive for a pensioner. Each match cost me in excess of 300 quid so I have to limit my enthusiasm to shouting at my computer screen watching iFollow.

My Dutch travelling companion (when I do come over) is also hooked as he always comments on WhatsApp shortly after each match. I would call him a reaf fan too because he has been to the breeze block at least 6 times and never watch any other UK team live,

So what is a real fan?
Oh we do get a membership card then? After the long wait I just assumed we just use are fan number haha

Oh we do get a membership card then? After the long wait I just assumed we just use are fan number haha
If you join as a member (or junior member) yes, you get a membership card- I believe they are outsourced to be made or produced, it takes up to a fortnight for them to be made, processed & to arrive by post

Being on the club's ticket database allowed access to 4 tickets. £0 extra a ticket.

I think the club have handled the Man City ticket sale well.
Being on the club's ticket database allowed access to 4 tickets. £0 extra a ticket.

I think the club have handled the Man City ticket sale well.
I disagree, but there were unprecedented general sales that caught the club and fans out, there has always been a struggle to sell out our allocation and there would normally be time for fans to get their tickets, it seems if you were not sat at the computer at 5pm on the day of general sale you had little chance of getting a ticket or extra tickets.

Ooo yes. We could work out who are “real” fans too by using an algorithm which takes into account: how many matches attended in a season; how long you’ve been supporting the team (I score highly on this one ?); how loud you shout (not so good) and whether you can name Oxford’s full backs in the 1973/4 season. And there could be gold, silver and yellow badges for grading.

John Shuker and Dick Lucas? Like Google the algorithm will need to be updated periodically and for the next update I'm proposing distance travelled is included.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom