League Cup Man City tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that just highlights how the system can be abused and tickets end up in the wrong hands, I expect I will be able to buy the 2 extra tickets I required but will not as I'm not going to line someone else's pockets, it's frustrating and I hope the club try and look at this issue rather than just count the money.

The fact that these so called loyal supporters that were unable to get a ticket would wish a relegation battle on the club says it all really.
Right its clearly a joke because I didn't get a ticket, Obviously I don't want a relegation battle? just wondering where everyone will be for the big league games we have coming up.

The only way to attract new people to come and watch the club is to attract new people to come and watch the club!

Supporters may miss out but will be back for the less glamorous league games.

Hopefully a proportion of these new supporters will join them.

We didn't have this reaction for the sold out Fa Cup game.

The only way to attract new people to come and watch the club is to attract new people to come and watch the club!

Supporters may miss out but will be back for the less glamorous league games.

Hopefully a proportion of these new supporters will join them.

We didn't have this reaction for the sold out Fa Cup game.
The only way these 'fans' will be back is if we draw another big premier league club, as lets face it they are coming to watch Man city not Oxford.

The fa cup fans would have been genuine oxford fans as Swansea / Newcastle don't have the same attraction as City.

Let's just say as with the Arsenal debacle that tickets have fallen into the wrong hands..Yes the club made a few quid from new membership but Tickettoutman has filled his boots and i bet a high proportion of those new members will not set foot in the place at future league games.

it's very simplistic to say people should be more organized but not everyone will have spare funds but tickettoutman wont care about shelling out £40 as he knows he can sell them on at 3 X and more the price.

whatever the reason there are regulars who did not get a ticket but it's them who will be relied on to continue to come to league games

Let's hope the club is doing something about tickettoutman if they get the seat numbers etc then cancel the ticket and sell it again.

i dont get all these issue's people are bringing up, if you go to "a fair few games a season" but not a season ticket holder - then why dont you have a membership? - it gives you discount on home games (so effectively is cost neutral) , and crucially, PRIORITY, for away/big games. so you would have had all last week to choose a seat at your leisure.

the only thing i think could have helped ease the situation (not gunna please everyone) is that tickets maybe should have been limited to 2 per member on general sale rather than 4
Well said - this really is very straightforward and I’m sorry I really can’t believe that people can’t afford £15 over the past two years to buy a membership card. If you really can’t afford that, then with respect how have you afforded attending lots of games that have made you a ‘loyal fan’ and how are you going to afford £25 for a Man City Ticket and the extra ££s needed for travel to the game etc.

Sourgrapes due to missing out - there really is no excuse with the membership scheme being in place.

The only way these 'fans' will be back is if we draw another big premier league club, as lets face it they are coming to watch Man city not Oxford.

Not so sure about that. Were most of our 30,000 at Wembley there to watch Barnsley!

Well said - this really is very straightforward and I’m sorry I really can’t believe that people can’t afford £15 over the past two years to buy a membership card. If you really can’t afford that, then with respect how have you afforded attending lots of games that have made you a ‘loyal fan’ and how are you going to afford £25 for a Man City Ticket and the extra ££s needed for travel to the game etc.

Sourgrapes due to missing out - there really is no excuse with the membership scheme being in place.
^^ sums up the membership 'issue' perfectly .... its £5 per season for u13s oufc membership too

Ive not had a ST for a few seasons now ( work schedules mean I miss at least 8 Saturday home games), but I renew my £15 per season membership as soon as theyre available to renew. 1) the £15 is 'refunded ' (via 7 discounted match tickets, 2) for high demand home cup matches youre pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket before they go on general sale 3) for high demand away matches, youre 2nd, after ST holders, in the priority queue

Having a membership is worthwhile IMO.... got a junior membership last Monday for my (middle) granddaughter, who is 10yo & already getting to become something of a regular at home games already, bought her Citeh ticket at the same time as I bought mine

Last edited:
Reading on here and on FB it sounds like 'proper fans' would rather the stadium be half full. I just dont understand it.

Its easier to get a friend or child to come to a big game. If they enjoy it its easier to then convince them to come along to Rochdale at home. People have even been suggesting that if people dont know all the songs they shouldnt be welcome!!

We want to get promoted. We want a new stadium. We are only going to fill a new stadium in the Championship and be competitive if we can get 12 or 15000 through the door every week so we need to find new fans. A big game like City at home does more to attract new fans than anything else I can think of.

Part of the reason it sold out so quick was the website just failing to do it's job. Plenty of people without season tickets or memberships have been able to purchase up to 4 tickets without signing in, hence why some regulars are probably bemused at why it's sold out so quickly. Shame really, probably a ticketmaster issue rather than club though.

Hopefully people who have bought a membership for a one-off game will want to get value for money and will come to a league game as well.

Hopefully, they have left it open so we can market to them.

Not so sure about that. Were most of our 30,000 at Wembley there to watch Barnsley!
Different story entirely, 1/2 of that attendance probably couldn't name 2 current oxford players and there purely for the occasion and no fans have missed out.
Reading on here and on FB it sounds like 'proper fans' would rather the stadium be half full. I just dont understand it.

Its easier to get a friend or child to come to a big game. If they enjoy it its easier to then convince them to come along to Rochdale at home. People have even been suggesting that if people dont know all the songs they shouldnt be welcome!!

We want to get promoted. We want a new stadium. We are only going to fill a new stadium in the Championship and be competitive if we can get 12 or 15000 through the door every week so we need to find new fans. A big game like City at home does more to attract new fans than anything else I can think of.
Never claimed to be more of a fan than anyone but is disappointing ill be missing out to people who have more interest in City than Oxford. As mentioned below more annoyed in the website not doing its job. If these 'new' fans are back this season then fair play I have no complaints.

You lot are weird. I like it here but it is very odd.

City at home. Sellout. This is how we attract more regular fans. That's literally how it works. Annoying if you didn't get a ticket and are a regular but you not going and a part timer being there in your place is actually probably a good thing for the club. I'm bringing about 6 part timers with me, one who has been to West Ham, Sunderland and now this game and I think I've got him!

Sunderland attendance was amazing for what it's worth.

They've said they would rather be at the match. They've asked where the horde who come to watch a premiership club will be at the next unglamourous matches and said that it's hard luck that they couldn't get tickets because of their personal circumstances when they're regular supporters.

And they've been lectured by a bunch of clever dicks. Well done.

If I buy a season’s membership but we don’t draw a ‘big’ club in the cup, do I get a refund?

Asking for a friend.

Every first team home game is a BIG game and attractive to all supporters, best you get a season ticket otherwise you might miss out, like my daughter.

You lot are weird. I like it here but it is very odd.

City at home. Sellout. This is how we attract more regular fans. That's literally how it works. Annoying if you didn't get a ticket and are a regular but you not going and a part timer being there in your place is actually probably a good thing for the club. I'm bringing about 6 part timers with me, one who has been to West Ham, Sunderland and now this game and I think I've got him!

Sunderland attendance was amazing for what it's worth.
Calling people weird then come out with the weirdest post yet?

How can that be a good thing for the club? We don't play Man city every week so these 'part timers' wont be back until the next lottery draw.

anyone know how tickets for the Wycombe match are going... or if theyre even on sale as yet?
hoping thatll be a full house/ near full house sell out too ... its a few days after the Citeh match

If I buy a season’s membership but we don’t draw a ‘big’ club in the cup, do I get a refund?

Asking for a friend.
Of course you don’t - it’s slightly like a lottery ticket but with the benefit of some guaranteed returns if you use it - very sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom