League Cup Man City tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably my own fault ive missed out, but surely loyalty points are better option than membership, which can be brought and used straight away?
Half the stadium wont of gone all season! Bring back the relegation battles!

Probably my own fault ive missed out, but surely loyalty points are better option than membership, which can be brought and used straight away?
i asked this of the club in previous years, and as they said, its near impossible to implement fairly as people can pay on the day/gate, what about away matches (points wise, paying on gate) etc.... membership is the fairest way - season ticket holders, members, general.

i asked this of the club in previous years, and as they said, its near impossible to implement fairly as people can pay on the day/gate, what about away matches (points wise, paying on gate) etc.... membership is the fairest way - season ticket holders, members, general.
Fair point can see where the club are coming from. More disappointing as know lots of people myself included who have missed out, would be great to see the ground full for big games coming up like Ipswich , Wycombe but it wont happen.

Why?
With membership the club gets some additional money for those who just want to do the big games.
If you are loyal and go to a lot of games you get a discount for each league game so do better that way.
If you really want to go and get to a few league games get a membership.

Why?
With membership the club gets some additional money for those who just want to do the big games.
If you are loyal and go to a lot of games you get a discount for each league game so do better that way.
If you really want to go and get to a few league games get a membership.
Why not have a rolling membership deal? this one can be purchased and used straight away. But more annoyed about our crap website, people were posting on twitter saying they could buy tickets before 5pm who were not members or season ticket holders?

Why not have a rolling membership deal? this one can be purchased and used straight away. But more annoyed about our crap website, people were posting on twitter saying they could buy tickets before 5pm who were not members or season ticket holders?
Tickets came online at 16.57 - ST holders and members had at least a week to buy tickets before then. No sympathy if they can't organise themselves during that week. Club have done ok here and you'll never please everyone.

Last edited:
Tickets came online at 16.57 - ST holders and members had at least a week to but tickets before then. No sympathy if they can't organise themselves during that week. Club have done ok here and you'll never please everyone.
I'm a ST holder who had already purchased a ticket for myself, I tried yesterday morning to purchase two further tickets for family members and was refused at the online ticketing service, I got back after work to try again and there was 1 ticket left when there were thousands in the morning.
Yes I'm also frustrated at the situation but I suppose if you are not sat at the computer finger on the button at the right time then it's your fault.

There is a simple membership/ loyalty scheme.
If you have a membership you could simply buy a ticket for the Man C game and get reduced ticket prices for all league games.

surely not so difficult to implement, Season ticket holders then members who had membership prior to a given date (before the draw) then new membership and then open sale.
it don't take a lot of working out why there was a sudden increase in membership and how tickets are available via extortionate means

it's fine saying people should be more organized but The question is how was the latter allowed to happen ?

surely not so difficult to implement, Season ticket holders then members who had membership prior to a given date (before the draw) then new membership and then open sale.
it don't take a lot of working out why there was a sudden increase in membership and how tickets are available via extortionate means

it's fine saying people should be more organized but The question is how was the latter allowed to happen ?
Surely new memberships were not the problem? That allowed you to buy a ticket before they went on open sale.
There were still 1000s tickets available after ST holders and members had the opportunity to buy theirs.
The tickets all went very quickly when they went on open sale .
I.really don't get the problem here ( except that maybe 15000 people wanted the 10700 tickets)

I'm a ST holder who had already purchased a ticket for myself, I tried yesterday morning to purchase two further tickets for family members and was refused at the online ticketing service, I got back after work to try again and there was 1 ticket left when there were thousands in the morning.
Yes I'm also frustrated at the situation but I suppose if you are not sat at the computer finger on the button at the right time then it's your fault.
Exactly.

Let's just say as with the Arsenal debacle that tickets have fallen into the wrong hands..Yes the club made a few quid from new membership but Tickettoutman has filled his boots and i bet a high proportion of those new members will not set foot in the place at future league games.

it's very simplistic to say people should be more organized but not everyone will have spare funds but tickettoutman wont care about shelling out £40 as he knows he can sell them on at 3 X and more the price.

whatever the reason there are regulars who did not get a ticket but it's them who will be relied on to continue to come to league games

The thing I kinda think is unfair is people who go to a lot of games missed out on getting a ticket for a big game because random joes were allowed to just buy a membership to jump the line not everyone can afford to pay extra for a ticket we are going to have a lot of people there on the 18th dec who don’t know the word to the songs and probably won’t be seen again until we get a big team in round 3 of the fa cup

The thing I kinda think is unfair is people who go to a lot of games missed out on getting a ticket for a big game because random joes were allowed to just buy a membership to jump the line not everyone can afford to pay extra for a ticket we are going to have a lot of people there on the 18th dec who don’t know the word to the songs and probably won’t be seen until we get a big team in round 3 of the fa cup

perhaps "sudden" new memberships should have had privileges removed for the city game unless they bought for a league game also

As most people have said buy a membership, im a season ticket holder, my wife now comes to a few games likewise as do my 2 sons they wanted tickets for the Man City game my wifes membership was £10 and the the two sons £15 each, that allowed them to purchase tickets for the Man City game before they went on open sale plus they now get a further discount when buying future match tickets

perhaps "sudden" new memberships should have had privileges removed for the city game unless they bought for a league game also
That’s what should have happened I understand the club aren’t going to please everyone but they should be careful not to s**t on there loyal customers who go most weeks

i dont get all these issue's people are bringing up, if you go to "a fair few games a season" but not a season ticket holder - then why dont you have a membership? - it gives you discount on home games (so effectively is cost neutral) , and crucially, PRIORITY, for away/big games. so you would have had all last week to choose a seat at your leisure.

the only thing i think could have helped ease the situation (not gunna please everyone) is that tickets maybe should have been limited to 2 per member on general sale rather than 4

Have those who ordered their tickets online actually got them through the post yet? I ordered mine on Tuesday and am wondering if I ought to contact the ticket office - they are usually very efficient in sending things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom