Man City match receipts

NottsYellow

Will we actually make that much money from the game?
By the time Man City have their cut, police and other expenses, the VAT man, I assume EFL take a cut how much will we be left with?

With OAPs, juniors etc what is the average price of a ticket - about #18.00? (A young adult ticket in East stand is #14.00) If the crowd is 11,500 then total gate receipts will be approx. #200,000. So by the time it is split out, after expenses we may end up with only #60,000. Better than nothing, but not as much people think.
Perhaps we will make a good bit from new membership fees.
I see the matchday sponsorship is #3,750, which includes a box for 10 people. Is this, with the Matchball sponsor split with the opposition? What about the programme sales?
The money from bar sales, I assume doesn't get split …. just goes straight to Firoka!!

Will we actually make that much money from the game?
By the time Man City have their cut, police and other expenses, the VAT man, I assume EFL take a cut how much will we be left with?

With OAPs, juniors etc what is the average price of a ticket - about #18.00? (A young adult ticket in East stand is #14.00) If the crowd is 11,500 then total gate receipts will be approx. #200,000. So by the time it is split out, after expenses we may end up with only #60,000. Better than nothing, but not as much people think.
Perhaps we will make a good bit from new membership fees.
I see the matchday sponsorship is #3,750, which includes a box for 10 people. Is this, with the Matchball sponsor split with the opposition? What about the programme sales?
The money from bar sales, I assume doesn't get split …. just goes straight to Firoka!!
excellent Q's @NottsYellow .... TVP will have their mounted division, 'copters on stand by and stormtroopers in amour tooled up for the game, so the bill (haha) will be considerably larger than it would have for last nights Shaun Harvey Trophy match...or for that matter all but a few ordinary home league games

Last edited:
I believe each club gets 45% of the take " after expenses" which include City's transport, match officials fees and expenses, floodlights, stewards, police etc etc

Could City give us (part of) their split like we did for Merstham a couple of years ago, I doubt their owners would be bankrupted in doing so?

Could City give us (part of) their split like we did for Merstham a couple of years ago, I doubt their owners would be bankrupted in doing so?

I wondered the same thing but after much thought I’m not sure I want to be patronised in that way. Merstham and Oxford United are very different things.

Not my money, so easy for me to take that stance I know. If it were to happen I’d want to see it flow straight into community activities.

Unless we somehow win due to home advantage, it would definitely have been financially better to draw them away

45% each AFTER expenses, so the away team get their travel cost back but that doesn't make it ' a lot more' :)

Quite simple really

example :)

Receipts = £150,000
Expenses = £5000 [ example only :) ] leaves £145,000

Oxford 45% = £65,250
City's 45% = £65,250
'Pool' 10% = £14,500

Considering what the gate receipts would actually mean to Man City - pocket money, they really should give us the lot! With their owners surely that’s the equivalent of just sticking your change in the charity box because you can’t be arsed to put it in your pocket!

This is why we couldnt compete (sustainably) in the Championship with a 12k capacity.

I have to confess there was a time when I would give a good deal of attention items like crowd sizes/gate receipts/reported transfer fees and anticipate cup runs/local derbies etc accordingly. These days the ownership of the Club is so far removed from what the Club is that I get less excited. This is not to say that I don’t value being part of a healthy support which I believe is what we have, but the finances of football are in a different realm of the imagination! By the way, has anyone found out what Tiger is REALLY worth yet?

Considering what the gate receipts would actually mean to Man City - pocket money, they really should give us the lot! With their owners surely that’s the equivalent of just sticking your change in the charity box because you can’t be arsed to put it in your pocket!
As nice as that would be, can't see it. It may only be a weeks wages for one player but as a business they will take the amount that's rightfully there's because to be sustainable you have to use all resources and cash income to your advantage

All premiership club should help out the lower leagues if they’re drawn away from home they stinking rich from the TV money but dealt they will, the rich love to get richer

45% each AFTER expenses, so the away team get their travel cost back but that doesn't make it ' a lot more' :)

Quite simple really

example :)

Receipts = £150,000
Expenses = £5000 [ example only :) ] leaves £145,000

Oxford 45% = £65,250
City's 45% = £65,250
'Pool' 10% = £14,500

How depressing if that is close that our profit wouldn't even cover 3 weeks of what Everton are reportedly paying Luke Garbutt.

I believe each club gets 45% of the take " after expenses" which include City's transport, match officials fees and expenses, floodlights, stewards, police etc etc
Can they choose their transport? Presumably, travelling down in a coach would be less expensive than flying in a fleet of gold-plated helicopters, or however they usually travel to away games...

Back
Top Bottom