Man C v Liverpool

Foley

So Man City are now in pole position?
5 Live suggested a few weeks ago that neutrals want Liverpool to win the league which had a fierce reaction from people who did not want Liverpool to win it.
Thoughts (personally I want Man City to do it as I reckon that they are a better team and play better football)

No self respecting Oxford United fan should ever want Liverpool to win anything.

As said above, they deprived us of what would have been our greatest achievement/adventure in 1986/1987 and I, and many I know, still feel bitter toward them. Especially as they perpetually claim it wasn't there fault.

Who knows how our future might have panned out if we'd been allowed to play in Europe?

No self respecting Oxford United fan should ever want Liverpool to win anything.

As said above, they deprived us of what would have been our greatest achievement/adventure in 1986/1987 and I, and many I know, still feel bitter toward them. Especially as they perpetually claim it wasn't there fault.

Who knows how our future might have panned out if we'd been allowed to play in Europe?

A ban from Europe was a result of several incidents involving English Clubs

My sentiments exactly !! Can’t stand them, who knows what we would have achieved, but we would have had a great time I’m sure and rest assured we would have represented our Club and Country a lot better than those bin dippers have over the years. Come On City (and Bayern)

Last edited:
I live with a manchester city fan and a manchester united fan so it's all city in this department, also liverpool aren't as good as they think they are. Recent results have been okay/good at best.

Last edited:
Liverpool looked rather toothless today - where City are grinding results out, Liverpool are looking a little bereft of ideas

Salah is bang out-of-form at the moment, and I'd say that the rest of Liverpool's forwards are in the good-not-great category. Man City have much higher quality forward depth.

And Man City will be playing with minimal pressure, whilst Liverpool have a desperate, nervous fanbase, without a league title in 30 years. For all Spurs get stick for not winning anything - Liverpool have only won one League Cup in the past twelve years.

I can only see it going one way from here, unless Man City somehow get themselves distracted by all the quadruple chat.

Back
Top Bottom