Manager/Coach Malaga want KR

Let him go. Keep Atkinson as third choice CB rather than sending him back to Eastleigh on loan and move Mousinho to caretaker player-manager for the rest of the season. Keep Agyei around as the main backup striker and move Mackie to a player-coach figure who is firmly third choice, rather than seemingly having equal billing with Taylor as the main starter. George Thorne can’t sit down without breaking his pelvis so let him stay on and be in charge of the cones alongside Mr Short, but make sure he doesn’t have to bend down too quickly or he’ll snap a hammy. Fabio Lopes is 18 now so can be integrated into the first team further, and ideally placed in charge of making sure there are always plenty of cans of lager to get the lads going at half time. Nico Jones can rotate with him in a few weeks when he also becomes a legal adult

Stronger together.

I reckon you've given this some serious thought?

Quote.." by the way if I lose the next 7 games.." God forbid but we are 2 into that already &, as some one has posted, he hasn't exactly said no?

Hmmmm... When this story first broke I laughed it off as nonsense but after reading that piece in the OM Im now not so sure.. If there’s any truth in them wanting him, will he get another chance to fulfil his ambition to manage abroad? I dont know much about Malaga as a club though, do they have enough potential, despite being in the second tier, to make it an attactive proposition?

Wouldn't it just be like us to get our promotion bid derailed at such a crucial time ?

To answer my own question re: their potential, her’s a couple of pics of their stadium ?BC9DD178-F92A-4E9D-A0D9-8EA076D53864.jpeg74DC292A-9A7D-42D5-8D1C-FF564DC11108.jpeg

On the one hand - Malaga have spent 17 seasons this century in La Liga, and were Champions League Quarter-Finalists in 2012-13.
Their stadium holds 30,000, and they've got a moneybags Qatari owner. They're a big club.

On the other - they're currently in a relegation scrap which could see them drop into the 3rd Tier of Spanish football. And at that level, Spanish football is regionalised with four parallel leagues, masses of 'B' teams, and a weird playoff system that means you could win your league by 50 points and still not get promoted.
And none of their last six managers have lasted longer than 10 months. It's a tough job, and one where KR would not get the same time and support that he got at OUFC.

Would be a very high risk - high reward career move for him.

That being said, there's worst places in the world to live!

I think he needed to be more assertive that he would not consider this and give it a firm "no" - especially with players and other clubs still to come in and our own players needing to decide whether to stay or go. Would you sign for a club with speculation about the manager which he doesnt rubbish when given the chance? He is asking players and clubs to make a commitment when he hasn't gone far enough to making one himself. And to even joke that he "might lose the next seven games" isn't funny or clever.

Watched Bournemouth on MOTD yesterday - think that a more likely place for KR to go. Maybe a managerial swap with a pile of cash as compo. Just a feeling....it's also by the sea

Watched Bournemouth on MOTD yesterday - think that a more likely place for KR to go. Maybe a managerial swap with a pile of cash as compo. Just a feeling....it's also by the sea

Errr.....which way is the cash going in that managerial swap?

We get Eddie Howe, they get KR, and we get a pile of cash?

I love KR and all, but for that deal, I'll fly over from the US and drive him down to Bournemouth myself!:cool:

I think he needed to be more assertive that he would not consider this and give it a firm "no" - especially with players and other clubs still to come in and our own players needing to decide whether to stay or go. Would you sign for a club with speculation about the manager which he doesnt rubbish when given the chance? He is asking players and clubs to make a commitment when he hasn't gone far enough to making one himself. And to even joke that he "might lose the next seven games" isn't funny or clever.
I think that you are reading far too much into the interview.
The criticism of anything KR says at times in my view is well over the top.
He implied that he he very happy at Oxford, it would take a fantastic deal for him to move on and ge could be sacked anyway if we lose a few games.

Back
Top Bottom