Malachi Napa

Write off these young kids at your peril.
The guy has had an injury interrupted season and is clearly still learning his craft.
A run of games and a shot of confidence can totally transform a player so we may well have a better idea of where he is development wise next season.

While I disagree with the negative tone of some of the comments above and agree it is too early to make damning judgements about Napa, I think the comparison with COD isn’t totally misplaced. I’ve written about this in the forum before, but I remember the home game against Accrington in 14/15 when COD, who must have been a teenager at the time, was unbelievable. Skinned their rightback so many times I thought oof, we’ve got a player on our hands here. While I appreciate they’re different types of winger, I don’t think Napa has had that kind of impact on a game yet. The Charlton match is probably the closest we’ve come yet to seeing a great Napa performance, but he was playing in a false 9 if I remember correctly, which is not where he’s going to be playing for the remainder of his career.

Either way, I’m very excited to see what he can do for us next season.

Back
Top Bottom