Major Host downtime

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Update: 19th March 2019 @ 1037

Another outage, of around 40 mins. Still power related.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 19th March 2019 @ 0910

Our host suffered another outage in the early hours this morning. Services seem to be back up, but should remain at risk until a full explanation of the cause and resolution has been announced. We have a 99.9% up time guarantee:

Daily: 1m 26.4s
Weekly: 10m 4.8s
Monthly: 43m 49.7s
Yearly: 8h 45m 57.0s

Clearly this has already been 9 hours!

Update: 18th March 2019 @ 1458

Hi Guys

Apologies for today's down time.

Our host, A2Hosting had a major power issue at its Netherlands Data Centre. @Malc was en route to give them a kick up the a**e (the servers, not the System Operations team) but since restored service.

Seems to be up and running again, but i assume possibly at risk and may run slower as they restore more services and deal with back logs.

As far as i am aware, this has nothing to do with the incident in Utrecht as the power issue happened prior to the shooting.

I will post updates below, when the reasons are announced.

ESB

Last edited:
I’m experiencing some inescapable ads now on mobile - unsure if this is related

Sods luck probably won’t happen again but will do. It’s a google ad.

I had one those ads earlier, one of those you’ve been selected to win a tablet or something

On holiday in Egypt for 4 weeks using a USB 4G modem with very iffy reception. Nearly threw it out of the window when I couldn't get YF thinking it was now blocked like a lot of sites here. Tearing what's left of my hair out seemed to do the trick as it eventually appeared on line in a limited form. Now drinking local 15% beer to calm my nerves.

bah. couldn't have me morning cuppa and fix of YF. hope it's all sorted now

need to check the small print on servie credits etc.. most hosting will only pay out upto a max of a billable month regardless of the outage duration. does make you question their capability though - didnt look to be proper DR/Failover available.

need to check the small print on servie credits etc.. most hosting will only pay out upto a max of a billable month regardless of the outage duration. does make you question their capability though - didnt look to be proper DR/Failover available.
They have been getting a lot of stick on Twitter. Am looking at the T&C's after i hear back from them.

Is not a cheap service, so i expect the best!

Back
Top Bottom