General Mackie

His legs went - time finally caught up with him. Nothing he could do about it, and he played the games and the minutes he was asked to play. He has nothing to be ashamed of in that regard.

He always came across as a decent bloke and a good professional who cared, even if the body and the brain were on different wavelengths by the end. He spent most of his career at a great level - Championship, Premier League and some international caps to boot - which most players would be delighted with.

Wish him well in his retirement from the game.

Bags of effort but I don’t think he ever looked like the championship footballer we supposedly signed.

Good luck to him.
We thought we’d signed a top winger! However I really enjoyed a lot of his appearances and will never forget Bradford or the game where he pretty much played Plymouth on his own and got us three points when we really needed them

Gave us some fantastic moments/entertainment as mentioned previously, never stopped trying when on the pitch. Maybe a bit too focused on the shithousery at times and there were limitations but I'm glad he was our player.

Best of luck for his future career.

His legs went - time finally caught up with him. Nothing he could do about it, and he played the games and the minutes he was asked to play. He has nothing to be ashamed of in that regard.

He always came across as a decent bloke and a good professional who cared, even if the body and the brain were on different wavelengths by the end. He spent most of his career at a great level - Championship, Premier League and some international caps to boot - which most players would be delighted with.

Wish him well in his retirement from the game.

And he scored in what is probably the most memorable PL match of all time (but not for his goal).

Good luck for the future Jamie, don't think we'll forget his antics with the Citeh defender this season either lol

Good luck to him. I’ve been a bit harsh at times towards him, by saying I’ve seen milk turn quicker. Nevertheless he’s had a solid professional career, and I wish him all the best for the future.

That goal against Bradford was a Brahma, and saved us from relegation that’s for sure.

Being totally honest we never saw anywhere near the best of him as a player here, his legs were gone when he got here. But he gave his best so you can’t fault him for that, and had a very good career elsewhere.

Good for us that he has moved on and we can look to bring someone who can add more to the team and fair play to him for having the courage to call it a day rather than trying to drag out his career for a few more quid when he quite obviously can’t do it anymore.

Had a great career and been a good servant to our club,
can see him making it as a manager/coach in the future.
Thank you Jamie and good luck for the future.

Yes, another season would have been a season too long. Good luck to him, if he's as wholehearted in whatever he does as he was as a footballer, he'll do OK.

I find it really sad that a player who has had a good career, had given everything he had for us, and is clearly valued off the pitch, retires and a significant minority (particularly the usual facebook crowd) cant wait to take the opportunity to criticise the fella.

Hope none of those doing this have to take that kick in the balls when they retire.

Good luck to him! I'm sure he will fall on his feet somewhere and make a good go of a media career - more interesting to listen to than some of the Sky people!

KR will miss him internally, but so will those who get into a froth when gets on to the pitch. Who is your new scapegoat going to be next season? :p

Good luck to him! I'm sure he will fall on his feet somewhere and make a good go of a media career - more interesting to listen to than some of the Sky people!

KR will miss him internally, but so will those who get into a froth when gets on to the pitch. Who is your new scapegoat going to be next season? :p

Rob Hall! If I was Karl, I'd sub him on with 2 mins to go in every game just to see how long it is before the usuals go ballistic!!!!

Thanks for the entertainment Jamie! I certainly will remember your time playing here fondly.

The very best of luck with whatever you choose to do going forward.

Back
Top Bottom