General Mackie

oh no he didn't oh yes he did!
''what score loads of goals and make telling contributions on the pitch'' NO our great Jamie Mackie managed to dress up like a 90s gay icon and get over 1.4million views online for doing it all hail Mackie he will be remembered at the club fondly for that I have no doubt.....what a player

''what score loads of goals and make telling contributions on the pitch'' NO our great Jamie Mackie managed to dress up like a 90s gay icon and get over 1.4million views online for doing it all hail Mackie he will be remembered at the club fondly for that I have no doubt.....what a player
work those thighs, sanitise

spray, pray, spray, pray

Yes, characters tend to get remembered.

Mackie is being offered a new contract. Whether ho accepts or not is another matter, but it's highly likely he'll be here next season, perhaps beyond...

Mackie is being offered a new contract. Whether ho accepts or not is another matter, but it's highly likely he'll be here next season, perhaps beyond...

I think Mackie, based on KR's comments, may be more on the coaching side even if it isn't official. Mous will play more (assuming he stays injury free) but will also be part of the unoffical coaching support imo.

Mackie has announced his retirement.

Despite the criticism he got over his ability the last couple of years, you cannot fault him for his work rate or contribution to the dressing room.

And that Bradford goal.

I wish him all the best in his career, whatever path he ends up taking.

Last edited:
Yep, whatever you think about the guy, that Bradford goal (and his strong involvement in the resulting ten minutes of deliberations!) remain a moment of great drama and importance for the club.

You have to say the timing is probably right, but what a career the man has had, and I’m sure he’ll be remembered fondly by many at OUFC. His influence may have dropped off slightly this year, but he scored some great goals for us - Coventry this season, Barnsley last year when he bundled through their CB and GK to score, playing a part in our record away win ever and, of course, the Bradford goal. Additionally, I have no doubt that his experience and presence at the club will have been of huge benefit to our many young players.

Hope he stays on in some capacity, would love to keep him in the building.

Real shame that he won't get a proper send off, as with loanees + anyone else leaving, hopefully will return as a guest if not in coaching capacity.

Clearly a very unique character, will need a special replacement to fill his space.

His influence may have dropped off slightly this year, but he scored some great goals for us - Coventry this season, Barnsley last year when he bundled through their CB and GK to score, playing a part in our record away win ever and, of course, the Bradford goal.

I had completely forgotten that Barnsley goal - and accompanying second half where he basically bullied and smashed Liam Lindsay off the pitch (and we still couldn’t effing beat Barnsley!)

As others have said - probably the right time to go, but should be fondly remembered for his time in an Oxford shirt. I’ll never forget the Bradford goal/ensuing shenanigans for as long as I live.

Even this season I thought he was excellent when we beat Wycombe at home - a typical Mackie performance where he hounded officials and manipulated situations to our advantage, which was essential after they’d had Akinfenwa sent off.

best of luck to him for the future!

The type of player that most fans can relate to, I think. Certainly not the most talented player and his best years were gone when he arrived, but he was a warrior for us and he played every game like his life depended on it.

I loved his enthusiasm and shithousery, and his work rate often helped raise the atmosphere.

Good luck for the future Jamie.

Can't fault the guy's passion and commitment, he gave us all he had in these past couple of seasons.

Wish him all the best. I thought he would be part of the coaching team here.

I would've thought that too, as it seemed like him and Mous were being groomed for it (albeit Mous a bit more so). I reckon he wanted a clean break and to spend some time at home with his family, he'll have plenty of years to get that coaching role.

Back
Top Bottom