Mackie- big game player?

Jamie? Well you know. Terrific lad. He’s Breath of fresh air. Top, top, top player. Absolutely, terrific player. Fantastic lad.

I don’t mean to be rude, but who is this impression you keep using meant to be? I keep thinking it’s an attempt at Harry Redknapp but that wouldn’t really make much sense.

I don’t mean to be rude, but who is this impression you keep using meant to be? I keep thinking it’s an attempt at Harry Redknapp but that wouldn’t really make much sense.
Its what Harry told me down at the Dog, in Sandbanks.

Still driving around those roundabouts, mate?
Roundabouts? Well you know, t'riffic, they are a breath of fresh air, top top t'rafic management measures, absolutely t'riffic things, fantastic. Wanted to move to Milton Keynes, as the roundabouts there are, well you know, t'riffic, but Sandra wasnt having it...love her but she wasnt having it....well you know...

I only learnt this week that Jamie Mackie played for Exeter as a substitute in the Conference Play-off semifinals in 2006/07. How long ago is that?
Does anyone know if he was in the penalty shoot-out? The official website doesn't go back that far, and the RageOnline match report only has Exeter scored for their penalty takers.

Jamie Mackie is one of my favourite Oxford players currently. Yes there are players with more ability etc but Jamie will always inspire and motivate those around him whilst winding up/pissing off opposing players and management . He took a load of stick when he first arrived but clearly wasn't fully match fit and was played out of position. His experience is invaluable to the younger players so Jamie Mackie belated Happy Birthday and keep on doing what you are doing. Thanks

I only learnt this week that Jamie Mackie played for Exeter as a substitute in the Conference Play-off semifinals in 2006/07. How long ago is that?
Does anyone know if he was in the penalty shoot-out? The official website doesn't go back that far, and the RageOnline match report only has Exeter scored for their penalty takers.
Yes, he scored to draw them level at 3-3, before Turley and Zebroski missed.

What a miserable day that was.
I don't think anyone thought it would take another three seasons to get out of non-league. Well I'm sure someone can dig up an old post saying how they could see that Jim Smith's team that year wasn't good enough and we got away with a lot of lucky wins at the start of that season. But you know what I mean.

I went to the first leg in Exeter. We cruised it; could have scored three or four. Hi hum.

Never has a one word reply carried so much weight and consternation!

The Guardian’s write-up pours on the heartbreak even further!

“Smith sent on Rob Duffy and he should have immediately made the game safe but, one on one with Rice he made an amateurish attempt to round the keeper instead of shooting.”

Back
Top Bottom