Transfer News Mackenzie Chapman

Or even sooner?
I doubt us signing an 18-year-old goalkeeper who has 1 senior appearance to his name means one of our first team goalkeepers is leaving this window. Especially considering how much Karl loved to use the loan system to replace an unavailable Eastwood a few seasons ago instead of blooding Stevens. He'll be third choice meaning we can rest one of Easty/Jack from the squad for Pizza Trophy games.

He’s a boy, he won’t be near the first team for years
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He was the number 2 keeper at Oldham and has been training with Jack & Easty for a couple of weeks. I'd say he was seen as the next in line and if either Jack or Easty left, he would be the next to step in. (Jack being the more likely to move on)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He was the number 2 keeper at Oldham and has been training with Jack & Easty for a couple of weeks. I'd say he was seen as the next in line and if either Jack or Easty left, he would be the next to step in. (Jack being the more likely to move on)
Sounds like a good acquisition then

He played 1 game according to transfermarkt. I'd expect him to be 3rd choice and play u21 games/odd Pizza Trophy game with Oxford then loaning out either Brierley and/or Plumley for experience.

Interesting, what does this mean in terms of Jack and Easty?
Would think that the question is more about the impact on the futures of plumley and/or brearley - probably one or both out on loan I would expect

An insurance policy/development option like we saw when we brought in Rob Atkinson or Liam McNally.

Kie Plumley and Eddie Brearey are well thought of but some way off bring ready for the first team, and it would be a gamble in putting either of them on the bench if Stevens or Eastwood were unavailable. Plus it's no surprise that Stevens is being watched and it won't hurt to have someone in the building able to step up if a stupidly high bid came in January.

Chapman warmed up with Jack & Easty before the Crewe match so is clearly now the #3 keeper.
Probably means that Plumley will be let go despite being seen as a good prospect, just as Agboola and Clayton were before him.

Also warmed up today so he is definitely 3rd choice. Maybe one of the other young prospects will go out on loan.

Back
Top Bottom