League Two Macclesfield

bazzer9461

God like member
Have been charged again relating to salaries due in March. It’s another possible points deduction, if that is the case I hope they quote what they did with Bolton.

Brilliant trolling of Stevenage by the Independent Adjudication Panel. I'm not sure why the previous suspended points didn't come into play as it is the same offence unless Covid-19 situation is mitigation which I think is the case with their ongoing winding up petition court case.

Although the Macclesfield players claiming the FL adding to their mental health issues is rubbish. It isn't the FL in this case, it is all 100% on Macclesfield's owner who won't sell (like Steve Dale at Bury) or pay the bills.

Brilliant trolling of Stevenage by the Independent Adjudication Panel. I'm not sure why the previous suspended points didn't come into play as it is the same offence unless Covid-19 situation is mitigation which I think is the case with their ongoing winding up petition court case.

Although the Macclesfield players claiming the FL adding to their mental health issues is rubbish. It isn't the FL in this case, it is all 100% on Macclesfield's owner who won't sell (like Steve Dale at Bury) or pay the bills.

The way I read this is that all suspended points have been activated, to a total of 13 points deducted for the season.

The way I read this is that all suspended points have been activated, to a total of 13 points deducted for the season.

You are right, I missed it when reading through.

I should add Stevenage will still survive if Macclesfield go pop (although not sure the date that ends as it is normally the AGM iirc) or if the National League can't guarantee starting next season.

Edit: Also, it further demonstrates how leniently Bolton were treated. Bury as they weren't allowed to play while trying to survive but Bolton were, Macclesfield get points deducted for not paying players on time and yet Bolton didn't get points deducted for not paying the players on time. I don't believe the rules have been changed in that time but could be wrong, to explain why the different treatment.

Last edited:
Edit: Also, it further demonstrates how leniently Bolton were treated. Bury as they weren't allowed to play while trying to survive but Bolton were, Macclesfield get points deducted for not paying players on time and yet Bolton didn't get points deducted for not paying the players on time. I don't believe the rules have been changed in that time but could be wrong, to explain why the different treatment.
[/QUOTE
The EFL stuck by Bolton because they were ex premiershit if they were a bury or Macclesfield they would have gone aswel the same will probably happen if Sunderland get in to financial trouble the EFL will Tap them on the wrist and nothing else will happen

Also, it further demonstrates how leniently Bolton were treated. Bury as they weren't allowed to play while trying to survive but Bolton were, Macclesfield get points deducted for not paying players on time and yet Bolton didn't get points deducted for not paying the players on time. I don't believe the rules have been changed in that time but could be wrong, to explain why the different treatment.
Don’t forget Blackpool, who went into administration (although they called it a slightly different name) and got away with it completely.

Macclesfield have been relegated from League Two after the EFL won an appeal against the suspended points deduction given to the Silkmen.

Stevenage stay up despite being completely woeful this season, Macc have done a Wigan and have effectively been relegated from a mid-table position.

A correct decision even if it is Stevenage saved. Macclesfield staying up would have been another Bury and that will probably happen anyway sadly due to an owner who appears to be similar as well.

The EFL do what they want they protect the big names the rest get the rest get the treatment the big boys don’t get will be interesting how they deal with Charlton will they treat then like bury or Bolton I thinks more like bolting just because there ex premier league the EFL are run by idiots unfortunately

that's some doing getting 2 clubs relegated in one season. greatest mind in football and all that

that's some doing getting 2 clubs relegated in one season. greatest mind in football and all that

He did save them last season. For the flak he gets, Sol does seem like he'd be a great appointment (for someone that's not in complete meltdown).

will be interesting to see where he goes next - Wigan, Charlton?

So Wigan and Macclesfield are deducted points this season just passed and Sheffield Wednesday are deducted points for next season? Who decides what season the points deduction is applied to?

Also, when is Swindon’s seduction due for their fiddling the books (again) in regards to Gareth Barry, Michael Standing et al?

So Wigan and Macclesfield are deducted points this season just passed and Sheffield Wednesday are deducted points for next season? Who decides what season the points deduction is applied to?

Also, when is Swindon's seduction due for their fiddling the books (again) in regards to Gareth Barry, Michael Standing et al?

The words Swindon and seduction should never ever be used together!!! ???

Also, when is Swindon’s seduction due for their fiddling the books (again) in regards to Gareth Barry, Michael Standing et al?
I heard a whisper that the EFL executives use a darts board, each has a throw at it with one dart each,
closest to the bull(seye) gets to choose? :rolleyes:

Couldn’t they just have relegated Stevenage as well? Just for being Stevenage?

Least we might get the fixtures released sometime soon now, can’t be much else holding it up?

Back
Top Bottom