League Two Macclesfield

Marked Ox

God like member

Not looking good for Macclesfield and a very real/sad prospect for another Bury in the same season. Especially as well as wages, they have an outstanding tax bill of £73k which I suspect may be going up with a reduced cashflow after the Bradford game was called off. Alternatively, they could survive but do a Bolton if they lose a load of players by using youth players.

And rumours that the Police are now involved as alledgedly pension contributions have been taken out of player and staff wages but they haven't been paid into the pension schemes.

And rumours that the Police are now involved as alledgedly pension contributions have been taken out of player and staff wages but they haven't been paid into the pension schemes.
Is Robert Maxwell back from the dead?

The potential buyer for Macclesfield has said he is optimistic that a deal will be done. He was on Skys Sports News saying he wants to build an Academy and build the club below the 1st team. Although, amusingly he did say he is targeting L1 in 3 years, is this the new "Football League in 5 years" when a non-league club is bought by somebody like Glen Tamplin.

Had that done to me by MFI when they went bust. Good job I was a fully paid up member of the shop workers union USDAW. A couple of letters to the administrators and the money strangely materialised! ( I still lost a shed load of bonus payments and vouchers - bastards! )

Had that done to me by MFI when they went bust. Good job I was a fully paid up member of the shop workers union USDAW. A couple of letters to the administrators and the money strangely materialised! ( I still lost a shed load of bonus payments and vouchers - bastards! )

It is a really scummy thing to do.

There’s a big correlation between clubs who are on the winding up petition thread and the ones which are up s**t Creek half a season later whether financially or by league position. Hope f*****g hopefully we will be the exception.

I see Sol Campbell is backing the winding up petition - he is apparently owed £182000. Given he was there for 9 months I assume he was never paid...
How on earth could they afford to pay him that amount on crowds of what 1200 a game?
I assume that there was a huge bonus for keeping them up but that's still ridiculous.

How on earth could they afford to pay him that amount on crowds of what 1200 a game?
I assume that there was a huge bonus for keeping them up but that's still ridiculous.

Some on other forums have suggested he paid some of the club's bills during his time there which is wrapped up in that figure.

Back
Top Bottom