Luton vermin a must win?

Ox4Eva

Firstly we need all U's fans at the game against the vermin!

But this surely has to be a must win?

As we have Southend away on Saturday and we cannot ever seem to beat them then we really need to win on Tuesday night!

It’s a “must win” for KR.
Otherwise we will be waving goodbye to him.
Shame, but understandable.

Since we will set out with a collection of players (I wont use the word team!) and a playing system that says the best we can get is a 0-0 draw then it is definitely not a must win game.

Its more of a must not lose game.

Lose and that will be five lost at home. I can’t really see any chance of making the play offs this season. Five points from eleven games...still leaves us with 105 points to fight for. On our current form it will look bad at Christmas.
If Robinson goes who wants to come to a club languishing second from bottom having paid up the contracts of Robinson and maybe Derry?
Then are funds available for the strikers that everyone knows we need but seemingly can’t sign

Lose and that will be five lost at home. I can’t really see any chance of making the play offs this season. Five points from eleven games...still leaves us with 105 points to fight for. On our current form it will look bad at Christmas.
If Robinson goes who wants to come to a club languishing second from bottom having paid up the contracts of Robinson and maybe Derry?
Then are funds available for the strikers that everyone knows we need but seemingly can’t sign
It’s not the playoffs I’m worried about!

We now need to win as many points as a playoff team for the rest of the season just to finish top half. Playoffs have gone already, thats how bad our start has been.

I can honestly say that the thought of getting anywhere near the playoffs hasn't crossed my mind for weeks! Getting and staying out of the relegation places would be enough for me at this very moment.
Ditto that ^^

I can’t believe anyone has even mentioned the playoffs in any way, shape or form. There are 36 games left - we would need nearly two points per game starting right now to manage that. It’s not going to happen. This season is about staying in the division now. Nearly a quarter of the season has gone and we have FIVE points! I’m not sure people are actually looking at the reality of where we are. Even getting another 45+ points is going to be difficult. We have 36 games left and even if we win 12 of them and draw another 9 we could still end up going down.

Seriously, let’s not even mention playoffs again!

It's a must not lose, from these next 3 we need a minimum of 6 points. No excuses. WE must beat Plymouth though in just under 2 weeks that will be the final straw if we fail to win against them.

Fails to get 6 point return by mid October then Tiger has no logical reason to keep him on, surely? decreasing club value and appeal and be harder and harder to get someone in.

It's a must not lose, from these next 3 we need a minimum of 6 points. No excuses. WE must beat Plymouth though in just under 2 weeks that will be the final straw if we fail to win against them.

Fails to get 6 point return by mid October then Tiger has no logical reason to keep him on, surely? decreasing club value and appeal and be harder and harder to get someone in.

Depends what MAPP is thinking. Do the respective clubs owners get on? Maybe we could have him back on loan?

I can’t believe anyone has even mentioned the playoffs in any way, shape or form. There are 36 games left - we would need nearly two points per game starting right now to manage that. It’s not going to happen. This season is about staying in the division now. Nearly a quarter of the season has gone and we have FIVE points! I’m not sure people are actually looking at the reality of where we are. Even getting another 45+ points is going to be difficult. We have 36 games left and even if we win 12 of them and draw another 9 we could still end up going down.

Seriously, let’s not even mention playoffs again!
Plymouth... Last season?

Firstly we need all U's fans at the game against the vermin!

But this surely has to be a must win?

As we have Southend away on Saturday and we cannot ever seem to beat them then we really need to win on Tuesday night!

Luton is a 'more than' game. Not a derby or anything but more meaningful than most fixtures. Probably on a par with Rroverzz or Powtsmuff.

For that reason I think it could be a watershed game for KR, perform badly and I'd expect the crowd to really start turning.

Anything other than a win is surely going to make Robinsons continued involvement with the club less likely.

Sacked or resigned, I dont think any manager could conceivably continue after losing 8, potentially 9 if we lost to Southend as well, of his opening 12 games.

Back
Top Bottom