Luton away

Been when away fans were banned, nothing to prove. It's a sh1thole

You never know, we may be chasing a win there to clinch our playoff place.

(inserts tongue firmly in cheek)

I'm not going to Hertfordshire to watch plastic Londoners win the third division ffs. Sounds like a horrible day out. Even if we win we don't really deprive them of any material success.

Nothing game for us and they will probably have won the league by then, will be one of those end of season dead rubbers where you wish you had stayed in the pub.
TBF I'm very happy this is now the case

Never been, so 4 of us have our tickets as of 5pm today. May whoever’s up there have mercy upon our souls.

I went to Luton in the 70's and we won 1-0 with a screamer from Ken Skeen. When me and a lady called 'Lulu' got back to the Manor, I accidently set off the alarm at the supporters' club and nearly got arrested! It was a night game.

I went to Luton in the 70's and we won 1-0 with a screamer from Ken Skeen. When me and a lady called 'Lulu' got back to the Manor, I accidently set off the alarm at the supporters' club and nearly got arrested! It was a night game.

Bloody 'ell. I remember Lulu. She used to travel regularly on the supporters club coach. Passed away many many years back I think.

I wonder if they need something to clinch the top spot it will be chosen as sky’s live game

After my usual ' buying online nightmare ' I got me and the boy sorted with match and coach tickets.
Wouldnt let me assign a under 18 members coach ticket to him so I gave up and paid an extra 2 quid for a non members one ?

Remember it well.

Can remember "breaking in" during the ban on away fans........................... mind you we did the same at Chelsea as well. ??
Luton is one of the very few proper old school ground and probably the last time we`ll visit it?

Bloody 'ell. I remember Lulu. She used to travel regularly on the supporters club coach. Passed away many many years back I think.
s
Paul, from '72 to '74 I went to nearly every away game, mostly on the supporters' coach. Some games, there were just our lot that went. If you weren't 18, you had to be accompanied by an adult. I remember Lulu very well, also a chap with glasses called Michael and a bloke who looked like a college professor, with a f*cking great big beard! These were serious Oxford United fans. Oh yes, and Andy who worked at the supporters' club. These fans used to bring sandwiches and flasks of coffee and tea with them! Happy days! We had quite a few of 'Oxford, Oxford, ra ra ra!' fans on the coaches.

Remember conceding 7. Was Shelton playing for us?
Bloody hell, Gary shelton... Only thing I remember him doing for us was scoring twice away to Leicester in a league Cup match, must have been around 1987, we came from 2 down to win 3-2.

Bloody hell, Gary shelton... Only thing I remember him doing for us was scoring twice away to Leicester in a league Cup match, must have been around 1987, we came from 2 down to win 3-2.

Didn't we swap him for Sttteeeeevvvve McClaren with Bristol City?

Didn't we swap him for Sttteeeeevvvve McClaren with Bristol City?
Got a feeling you are right, and he bloody scored against us I believe, league Cup match again I think. They beat us at The Manor, and ended our unbeaten home run in that competition which stretched back about 10 years or something.

Back
Top Bottom