Ex Player Lundstram

Davox

Watching the Sheff Utd Arsenal game and Lundstram is hands down best player on the pitch. Premier League suits him and I think he’ll get a move to a bigger club. Not sure if we have any sell on clause there?

Apparently Sheff Utd have a song for him - ‘There’s only one Jonny Lundstram, one Jonny Lundstram, He Used to be Shite but now he’s alright, living in a Lundstram wonderland!!’

Well into the 2nd half now, Lundstram still impressive. What a player.

Crazy isn't it? Was so good for us at first I and many others said he'd get back to the Prem at some point. then he didn't take to League 1 quite as well as expected and he was clearly not as important as Ledson, got the move to Sheffield and never seemed popular with their fans, but is playing regular now and by all accounts has been a revelation

My Blades supporting mate, who thoroughly enjoyed his day out at Rotherham, said that all the talk this season is about Lunny and how he's stepped up. Gorgeous George looked pretty good too, according to my missus ;)

My Blades supporting mate, who thoroughly enjoyed his day out at Rotherham, said that all the talk this season is about Lunny and how he's stepped up. Gorgeous George looked pretty good too, according to my missus ;)
He does seem to have an effect on certain, ladies, shall we say?

I am slightly surprised, but all credit to him. I thought Lundstram would be a solid Championship player, but he is doing better than that.

I am slightly surprised, but all credit to him. I thought Lundstram would be a solid Championship player, but he is doing better than that.
The surprising thing is that he wasnt a solid Championship player (CW hardly played him last season). CW I assume sees him suiting the Premiership more than the Championship?

Perhaps a bit of fortune on Sheff Utd injuries gave Lunny the opportunity in the Premier League he may have not have got. Good for him that he's taken the chance and shown what a good player he is. Football can work in funny ways

I haven't watched that closely but I think he only got a run in the side last season because another midfielder was injured (Fleck?). General opinion was: not bad, but solid. Seems this year they've found a way to accommodate him.

If we had a remotely average goalkeeper rather than two rubbish ones in the promotion season, we would’ve won the league even with Northampton getting 90-something points. We should’ve smashed 100 points with that squad looking at who was in it and where they are / went straight after.

Fair play to Lunny. When he first showed up a couple of Blades fans I know couldn’t stand him and felt we’d had their pants down, now he’s possibly their most important player.

If he carries on... England call up?

Great to see Lunny doing so well.

Can't help but feel, though, that if we do side-by-side comparison of Lundstram and Brannagan, playing for us in the same league (League One) at the same age (23)…….then Brannagan is the better player.

I can see Cameron ending up in the Premier League as well - but hopefully after delivering us a promotion and then a massive fee!

Players get more time on the ball in the Premiership than in the Championship, which is probably why Lunny has flourished, as he likes to pick his passes.

Who knows, he's playing so well, he could be the ball playing midfield maestro that the England team has been missing in recent years ;)

But yeah, I'd still rather have Brannagan!

It's easy to forget just how good Lundstram was during his time here. He really made us tick and was such a sweet striker of a football (with both feet). I think Brannagan's form so far this season might just shade Lundstram's best form in a yellow shirt, but I think Lundstram did it over a longer period of time. I also think he may have had a more suitable style to the Premier League than Brannagan, but that's not to say I don't think the latter could make it (back) there.

It's easy to forget just how good Lundstram was during his time here. He really made us tick and was such a sweet striker of a football (with both feet). I think Brannagan's form so far this season might just shade Lundstram's best form in a yellow shirt, but I think Lundstram did it over a longer period of time. I also think he may have had a more suitable style to the Premier League than Brannagan, but that's not to say I don't think the latter could make it (back) there.

He was, but he only scored 4 goals for us in 104 appearances over two seasons.
Brannagan's scored 7 already this season (and 14 in all, over 83 total appearances)

What Lundstram probably has over Brannagan is a slightly broader range of passing. If I had to have a recent Oxford player play a pinpoint crossfield pass to save my file, it would be Lundstram every time.

But in all other aspects of a box-to-box midfield player - engine, positioning, finishing, goalscoring instinct, tackling - based purely on their work in yellow, I think I would take Cameron .

Back
Top Bottom