Ex Player Lundstram

Do we get more money if he plays for England?
International clauses used to be quite common, but it’ll depend on our previous great and wonderful leader and his dealings. I wouldn’t be surprised if in return for a hundred grand or two extra up front such clauses were firmly tossed away. Would be interested to know what the Roofe deal included on that front, not that it matters now he’s moved on. Given his Jamaican eligibility there was a chance for a clause to go in that. Likewise COD - wonder if there are bonuses included for each x amount of Ireland games. It’s not uncommon for there to be clauses where an amount of money is handed over per 10 international games up to a total of x.

I would certainly suggest that in the case of Lundstrum, a few hundred grand up front over the chance of playing for England was a wise move.

Very few on here would have predicted that Sheffield United would ever make the PL, that Lundstrum would be playing such a big role in their success, or that International appearances were ever likely to happen.

The fact that he has done so well shouldn't be used as a stick to beat DE who, for all his failings, negotiated some great deals when selling players on.

International clauses used to be quite common, but it’ll depend on our previous great and wonderful leader and his dealings. I wouldn’t be surprised if in return for a hundred grand or two extra up front such clauses were firmly tossed away. Would be interested to know what the Roofe deal included on that front, not that it matters now he’s moved on. Given his Jamaican eligibility there was a chance for a clause to go in that. Likewise COD - wonder if there are bonuses included for each x amount of Ireland games. It’s not uncommon for there to be clauses where an amount of money is handed over per 10 international games up to a total of x.
I suppose it's like choosing the cash-out option on a bet, except in this case Eales was not going to be around to wait for the bet to come in so almost had to choose the cash now option. Particularly if the buyer(s) would have given an even lower valuation of players / potential sell-ons when coming to a price for the club.

I suppose it's like choosing the cash-out option on a bet, except in this case Eales was not going to be around to wait for the bet to come in so almost had to choose the cash now option. Particularly if the buyer(s) would have given an even lower valuation of players / potential sell-ons when coming to a price for the club.

To be fair, we were selling him to a newly promoted Championship team. Who could have predicted his meteoric rise? Not me.

He's not even been in the England squad so a cap is still a way off, despite the excitement from Sheff Utd fans.

If that bet was buying a one pound lottery ticket and taking the prize money for 5 numbers and a bonus ball immediately rather than seeing the result of the draw!

• React
Reactions: m
To be fair, we were selling him to a newly promoted Championship team. Who could have predicted his meteoric rise? Not me.

He's not even been in the England squad so a cap is still a way off, despite the excitement from Sheff Utd fans.

That'll be the fans who hated him a year or so ago ?

Watching Rangers vs The Scouse Grief Monkeys tonight.

It has to be said that Lundstram has developed into a really fine player. Hems comfortably been the best Rangers player on the pitch and arguably, I’d go as far as to say he’s been the best player on the pitch.

He had a really good game in the Uefa Cup final, too.

Won’t be long before he gets a premier league move, surely.

Watching Rangers vs The Scouse Grief Monkeys tonight.

It has to be said that Lundstram has developed into a really fine player. Hems comfortably been the best Rangers player on the pitch and arguably, I’d go as far as to say he’s been the best player on the pitch.

He had a really good game in the Uefa Cup final, too.

Won’t be long before he gets a premier league move, surely.

It was a pleasure watching him here.

I’ve been watching us since 95 (so just missed Magilton) but he’s right up there amongst the best midfielders I’ve seen for us.

I can’t think of any better than him since 95 tbh.

Such a lovely footballer.

It’s absolutely mad that we had a player of his calibre, with his passing range, in League Two.

We should be getting even better now we’re a league higher than when he joined. Shows that we’ve regressed in that sense.

Rangers getting thumped at home, shows the difference in quality at the top level between English and Scottish football - Salah's just come on and scored 3 in 10 minutes.

Rangers getting thumped at home, shows the difference in quality at the top level between English and Scottish football - Salah's just come on and scored 3 in 10 minutes.

Difference in money sadly. Doesn’t seem right when you factor in the size, history and fanbases of rangers & Celtic

Difference in money sadly. Doesn’t seem right when you factor in the size, history and fanbases of rangers & Celtic
You're not wrong, but there is also a disgusting discrepancy in Scottish football - if only more of Scotland (particularly West Scotland) avoided the Old Firm and supported Ayr or Morton or St Mirren etc.

Hard to feel sorry for the Old Firm in Europe when their predicament is reflective of what they are domestically.

Yes, you are right of course. Football has been massively tainted by the vast amount of money the 'top' clubs have now compared to everyone else. The only way for clubs to get to the top is to have wealthy backers - which I suppose we may well have now, but in general I think that requirement has been very bad for the game.

You're not wrong, but there is also a disgusting discrepancy in Scottish football - if only more of Scotland (particularly West Scotland) avoided the Old Firm and supported Ayr or Morton or St Mirren etc.

Hard to feel sorry for the Old Firm in Europe when their predicament is reflective of what they are domestically.
Ayr United are one of my second clubs, for family reasons. The trouble is you can get from Ayr to Glasgow on the train in 45 minutes and Ayr are an unglamorous little club despite holding their own in the championship. I’d watch them if I lived there but Celtic and Rangers are more exciting for most people.

Back
Top Bottom