Ex Player Lundstram

It's easy to forget just how good Lundstram was during his time here. He really made us tick and was such a sweet striker of a football (with both feet).
Lundstram was an excellent player for us undoubtedly. The only thing that let him down a little was his shooting ( and lack of goals ) As you suggested he was a sweet striker of the ball (and you would have thought that he should have scored a few from the edge of the box) Of course Sercombe was a great foil in that he scored plenty ( but then Ledson similarly didnt score many)
This season Brannagan has started scoring a lot more which will no doubt be noted by PL clubs.

To be fair to Lundstram, he played much more like Gorrin than he did Brannagan. He was always a very deep lying midfielder who sat near the back four. Unless it was for a set piece you could probably count the number of times he went into the opposition penalty area on one hand.

Yeah, I always thought Lunny's main drawback was a bit of a lack of mobility. With a couple of exceptions (I think Newcastle in the cup?) he wasn't exactly tearing around midfield putting in tackles, he was more orchestrating play from deep. I think playing alongside Sercs covered this up for the most part. He was part of a classic Fergie central midfield - SAF always had one 'side to side' midfielder (Lunny) and one 'up and down' midfielder (Sercombe), which I imagine MApp picked up from his time at United.

I know it's been said slightly tongue in cheek higher up in the thread, but if he really has added that 'bite' to his game (I confess to not having watched any of the Blades this season beyond MOTD), why couldn't he be the deep-lying orchestrator England have been crying out for? Imagine peak Lunny sweeping the ball wide to Sancho or Sterling in space...

And a word on the Gorgeous George comments higher up too... If we still at George at RB then along with Josh at LB we'd surely have to be in with a shout for the best-looking fullback pairing in world football!

Players get more time on the ball in the Premiership than in the Championship, which is probably why Lunny has flourished, as he likes to pick his passes.
People say this but is it really true? Some of the pressing in the premiership is outstanding.

On another note do we have a sell on?

• React
Reactions: m
If we still at George at RB then along with Josh at LB we'd surely have to be in with a shout for the best-looking fullback pairing in world football!
We’d have a lot more home fans. The stands would be absolutely packed full of bodacious babes.

People say this but is it really true? Some of the pressing in the premiership is outstanding.

Very true.
I mean when Klopp's got Liverpool doing the full press, there's not a team in world football that work harder and close down the opposition quicker.

There's this seeming assumption that just because the level is higher, that the pace of the game at the Premier League level is slower.
But actually, I'd say the reason that the league is so popular worldwide, is that the pace of play is as quick as any league, anywhere. It's just the players in it are skillful enough to pass and move at that pace.

Is that why a league one, 2nd string team recently battered a premier league team, and played them off the park?!?

Sorry, but the standard and value for money in the premiership is the worst I’ve seen for years, it’s an absolute bore!

It’s full of cheats and wimps, more interested in quiffs and tattoos!

Nice write up, is that 700K correct? it was Appleton who brought him to Oxford though I believe. Any chance of a "plays for England" bonus for us? He's one of the name players in the secured loan notes agreement (which would appear to still be outstanding as the charge is still not satisfied at companies house)

Back
Top Bottom