Ex Player Luke McNally

Good luck, Luke. Sometime ago I advocated we sign an experienced centre-back following the departure of Rob Dickie but this maintains a process of investing for the future. Hope McNally is hugely successful through his time with us. Well done to Robbo and the Board as well!
I have thought that having a very experienced CB is necessity. Mous obviously helped the CBs, but Dickie and Moore last season plus Atkinson and Moore this season have done incredibly well considering how few league games they have played.
Hopefully here's another one!

Assuming, of course, that the lad can play - it's the ideal CB signing.

We don't need someone for now - because Moore and Atkinson are generally looking great, and it would be idiotic to break up that partnership.

But if one of them were to get hurt or suspended, we do need someone who can come in and replace them this year - so hopefully he can get up to speed so he's an option to do that in a month or so (presume he'll play against the Wombles in the Pizza Trophy?)

And then most importantly, he's an investment in the future to come in full-time as and when Moore or Atkinson eventually get sold.

Not sure both Sade and sole are still around, so Jones might be the 8th

Good signing, well done Karl and the team. Really like this forward looking way of doing business, Rob Atkinson showed us how successful it can be and hopefully Luke can step up to this level once he settles in and gets stuck in to training. Very promising indeed

I see that in Dan Harris's latest academy update he says that we only have 8 under-21 players.
Well Plumley, Elechi, Sade, Sole, Chambers-Parillon, Lofthouse, Stevens and Spasov make 8.
So it looks like Nico Jones is history. And with no other CBs in the U-21s that means that there is no competition at all for young McNally.
Here's hoping he's another Davy Sloan / Gavin White Irish import and and not another Ray Gaston / Pat Hoban!
KR mentioned Nico Jones is still about and shouldn't be forgotten about in the interview about Luke McNally signing on iFollow so I imagine is still in the 21s.

Very pleased with this signing, and he has the best accent yet out of our Northern Irish contingent. Nice and easy to understand, hopefully Cooper is taking English lessons while he's out on loan.

KR interview ahead of Wimbledon game mentions he needs to do a version of a pre-season before being considered for us. Plan is to get him on a plan for a month or so then loan him out to the Conference if possible.
So looking at the last month of the season before he'd be considered as being an option for us.

KR interview ahead of Wimbledon game mentions he needs to a pre-season before being considered for us. Plan is to get him on a plan for a month or so then loan him out to the Conference if possible.
So looking at the last month of the season before he'd be considered as being an option for us.

Conference is to vote on whether to continue the season so he may not get that chance

Fair play to the lad, that was a heck of a performance against arguably the most awkward striker in League 1. He won some great headers and looked an absolute wall as they looked long for Stockley towards the end.

I thought he got better the longer the game went on. Not unsurprisingly, because it's probably the first game he's ever played in at that intensity and pace.

He got caught under a couple early on, and then missed a tackle and let his man get past him only to get (brilliantly) bailed out by Gorrin late in the first half.
But I don't think he put a foot wrong in the second half.

Early days, but looks to be a decent chance that we've found another good 'un to fill the centre back pipeline.........

I thought he got better the longer the game went on. Not unsurprisingly, because it's probably the first game he's ever played in at that intensity and pace.

He got caught under a couple early on, and then missed a tackle and let his man get past him only to get (brilliantly) bailed out by Gorrin late in the first half.
But I don't think he put a foot wrong in the second half.

Early days, but looks to be a decent chance that we've found another good 'un to fill the centre back pipeline.........
I’d go further than that. I think he could be as good as DiCris. Very early days and a couple of instances where he looked casual and/or lost concentration. But he was great in the air, very quick and confident. He’s a better athlete than either Moore or Atkinson. Be very interesting to see if he keeps his place for Tuesday.

I’d go further than that. I think he could be as good as DiCris. Very early days and a couple of instances where he looked casual and/or lost concentration. But he was great in the air, very quick and confident. He’s a better athlete than either Moore or Atkinson. Be very interesting to see if he keeps his place for Tuesday.
Dickie! Not sure who DiCris is

I'm starting to think maybe we just have a really really good CB coach, and the scouting team are only asked to look at young, tall, and athletic folk that won't cost too much.

I think we have very good centre back options this season, McNally came in & didn’t look out of place ok one or two dodgy moments where you thought he might get caught out but overall won a lot of headers looked comfortable on the ball, Thorniley is a proper league 1 defender at this level no nonsense something we needed different this season to Atkinson last season who was great with the ball at his feet but defensively could be naive at times & got caught out, Moore hopefully we’ll do another Dickie deal as we can’t afford for him to leave now during this season, Mousinho back but rightly should be 4th choice so it doesn’t stop McNally development helps as well good option to see a game out at 1-0 or 2-1 with 5/10 minutes to go if we are under the cosh

Get him 10-15 league games this season and he will be ready to slip in as first choice next season

Get him 10-15 league games this season and he will be ready to slip in as first choice next season
Hopefully it'll be a case of he can be first choice rather than we sell him to a Championship club again! (Although imagine Moore will be ahead of him in the queue).

Back
Top Bottom