Luke Garbutt

i really must check the dates on first post. clicked on the name and read he’s signing on season long loan

Neither of them had been at a Premiership club for years and to be rated as the next best thing since sliced bread.

No but that doesn’t mean he’s s**t because loads of clubs ain’t in for him. How do u know that by the way? He’s at a difficult point because he’s on very very good money at Everton, which other clubs ain’t going to pay, and he’d be silly to walk away from to take a massive pay cut, when he can do that next summer. So another season long loan suits him, and us and everton who we seem to be on good terms with.

Why does it suit Everton? I'd imagine we weren't paying a huge percentage of his wages, so they will have another year's major outlay with no hope of any return - even if he turns out to be L1 Player of the Year, they'll get nothing for him this time next year. I suppose it will save them a bit in wages (whatever proportion we pay him), but can't think of many other upsides.

On the main point, I thought he was much better in a role slightly further forward - but whether he is a first choice wide midfielder I am not so sure...

Why does it suit Everton? I'd imagine we weren't paying a huge percentage of his wages, so they will have another year's major outlay with no hope of any return - even if he turns out to be L1 Player of the Year, they'll get nothing for him this time next year. I suppose it will save them a bit in wages (whatever proportion we pay him), but can't think of many other upsides.

On the main point, I thought he was much better in a role slightly further forward - but whether he is a first choice wide midfielder I am not so sure...

Because he’d be silly to walk away from a large contract, so they are stuck with either paying all of it, or loaning him out and having a small percentage paid, if he has a good season they might even get a small fee for him come jan or agree a future fee as part of the deal. all better than having him in the u23’s earning his full wage and leaving for nothing at the end.

Sounds like desperation to me. He came as a left back and turned out to be pretty poor, so let's call him a winger. Well good luck with trying to get him into the team instead of Jordan Graham! He won't be in the Championship next season. I doubt he will be in league 1.

Goes to show, you never can tell!

Even a club like Everton also has to consider the downside of having a player with no chance of playing first-team football in the squad. It is very difficult to prevent frustration and disillusionment creeping in. Most professional footballers have lived, eaten, breathed nothing but football for ten years or so.

Everton have resigned Baines for a further year so Garbutt will clearly not feature at Everton.
Their preference of course will be to sell him (even on a free) , but due to his huge salary it will almost certainly be a case of loaning him out firvaxseasinband get what they can for him.
Hopefully there has been no interest in him. Everton may let us have him without waiting a few more weeks waiting for a better offer.

Everton have resigned Baines for a further year so Garbutt will clearly not feature at Everton.
Their preference of course will be to sell him (even on a free) , but due to his huge salary it will almost certainly be a case of loaning him out firvaxseasinband get what they can for him.
Hopefully there has been no interest in him. Everton may let us have him without waiting a few more weeks waiting for a better offer.
Is that a Norwegian team?

Well it doesn't harm them though does it and it might make them and other premershi*e clubs do a better job on assessing a players ability and long term worth before offering them stupid money just because the tv companies hand it to them on a plate.

No but that doesn’t mean he’s s**t because loads of clubs ain’t in for him. How do u know that by the way? He’s at a difficult point because he’s on very very good money at Everton, which other clubs ain’t going to pay, and he’d be silly to walk away from to take a massive pay cut, when he can do that next summer. So another season long loan suits him, and us and everton who we seem to be on good terms with.

I said it doesn’t SEEM like a lot of clubs are busting a gut to sign him reading the article.

I mean, you’d like to think a few Championship clubs or top end League One clubs would be after him if he was any good, but they don’t appear to be, so you might also think that might be an indicator as to whether he’s that good or not.

I said it doesn’t SEEM like a lot of clubs are busting a gut to sign him reading the article.

I mean, you’d like to think a few Championship clubs or top end League One clubs would be after him if he was any good, but they don’t appear to be, so you might also think that might be an indicator as to whether he’s that good or not.
Or , and I know this is probably a way out there idea, maybe we could judge him on what we saw of him in an oufc shirt. Rather than basing ur opinion on what u think an article might mean.

I’d have Jordan over him any day of the week.

As in Jordan Graham?

I'd take Garbutt back on loan and not even bother with Graham tbh. Too concerned with showing off and trying to beat a man 3 times before putting in a sh*te ball.

Much better, younger players with more passion out there than Jordan Graham, as much as I loved his first spell with us.

Or , and I know this is probably a way out there idea, maybe we could judge him on what we saw of him in an oufc shirt. Rather than basing ur opinion on what u think an article might mean.

He improved further up the pitch, but I think we can get better.