Luke Garbutt

Some comments from Garbutt signed for us on loan.

Bleddy hell, that's a signal of intent!
Didn't think we had a hope of getting someone of that calibre.
Adios Ricky, I assume...

Was good enough for the championship 2 seasons ago + Leeds were interested so class signing.

He’s a bloody good player, could easily have gone to championship

Bleddy hell, that's a signal of intent!
Didn't think we had a hope of getting someone of that calibre.
Adios Ricky, I assume..

Robinson himself appears to be a bit stunned that he appears to have turned down better offers to come here.

We have a left back! This first team is slowly but surely coming together.

A great signing, and I'm not worried that it is another loan.

Quality player; one I pinpointed as an (unrealistic) target a few months back.

Fantastic!! Defence is looking rock solid.

I wonder if some want to edit their posts?
Goes to show how clueless we are...

He's been bad but he needs our support, as do the whole team. The forum is a good place for blowing off steam but we have a big game tomorrow night now and being a moan-asaurus rex there isn't going to help things at all. People in football aren't stupid. Robinson will know Garbutt has been crap. Garbutt will know he's been crap. We, as fans, can do absolutely nothing about it, so tomorrow night let's be positive and do our bit to get our first league win of the season.

I don’t think Kr is ‘stunned’ anymore. It seems there’s a reason why we got him

i think KR will drop Garbutt tonight and play... oh no wait.
He will probably play Ruffels although he could play Long there.
Ruffels did ok when he came on Saturday and is always pretty solid.

What can be guaranteed from Josh is 110% effort and commitment....perhaps because he is Oxford born and bred! From what we've seen to-date Luke Garbutt doesn't bring any of those essential qualities.

At Fratton Park Garbutt was 'skinned' every time by the Pompey Winger, and all the goals came from their right wing/flank. Karl Robinson professed to being 'stunned' with Garbutt's acquisition. Certainly, his performances have left us supporters absolutely 'stunned', indeed, 'completely gobsmacked'!

How on earth did Everton persist with Garbutt in the same team/squad as Lundstram, Ledson et al? I very much look forward to him proving me wrong!

well Josh didnt prove the answer unfortunately surely Garbutt can play or everton wouldnt have kept him on so long. Is Long fit? I would play him ion a heartbeat atm

Yes
I like Josh but out of his depth at left back, out of position quite often, and that was the cause of him giving the pen away

well Josh didnt prove the answer unfortunately surely Garbutt can play or everton wouldnt have kept him on so long. Is Long fit? I would play him ion a heartbeat atm
I think that is the eternal question, is Long fit.