Lower league germans fans revolting

Sarge

God like member
Last edited by a moderator:
About tv games on monday nights .... german football supporters protested againt all seater stadiums (some years ago too) result being safe standing.... some think protesting doesnt work. It has done in Germany before. Will the no monday night football campaign win , lose or draw does remain to be seen as yet .... link to the story via football supporters federation.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/we-dont-like-mondays-lessons-from-germanys-monday-night-protests
Fans in Germany (and many other places) just don't understand the English blind acceptance of all the crap of modern football. They are often organised as a collective and wield power as such.

Fans in Germany (and many other places) just don't understand the English blind acceptance of all the crap of modern football. They are often organised as a collective and wield power as such.
?very true .... sadly

Although they weren't able to stop B sides being part of the league structure.

Although they weren't able to stop B sides being part of the league structure.
Only up to the 3 Liga which is the lowest level of pro teams, and can't play in the league's cup competitions. Most are in the part time Regionialiga - Bayern's for example play in the Bavarian Landesliga - which is kind of like the Northern Premier League.

Only up to the 3 Liga which is the lowest level of pro teams, and can't play in the league's cup competitions. Most are in the part time Regionialiga - Bayern's for example play in the Bavarian Landesliga - which is kind of like the Northern Premier League.

So at our level and lower would include B teams if we had it so would affect us. The lower league German teams from what I've read do not like B teams.

So at our level and lower would include B teams if we had it so would affect us. The lower league German teams from what I've read do not like B teams.
The third tier is more like the conference national. And where most of them actually are is like step 6/7 in the pyramid.
They don't like it, but its a much longer standing thing, and there is no insidious ambition to have them coming up to the championship like Prem teams here want to.

The third tier is more like the conference national. And where most of them actually are is like step 6/7 in the pyramid.
They don't like it, but its a much longer standing thing, and there is no insidious ambition to have them coming up to the championship like Prem teams here want to.

I remember reading an article where RW Essen's owners/supporters were particular scathing as they talked about it as stifling other clubs like theirs trying to move up through causing bottlenecks of b teams as well as causing financial problems especially if there were a few b sides in their League (and there /have been plenty with 4

Whatever you think of the level, it is still places being taken in the 3rd tier/4th tier+ of German football by a reserve team, taking a place off of another professional/semi pro team. Just scanning the German 4th team, 20 of the 90 teams are b sides. How are Buchbach supposed to compete with Bayern Munich's reserves with their resources which distorts the competition?

Lower level clubs in Spain have complained about b sides in the League structure as well citing similar issues to the German clubs.

I would argue that b sides in the league pyramid (whatever the upper limit is) is far more insidious than when a game is scheduled because of TV.

I remember reading an article where RW Essen's owners/supporters were particular scathing as they talked about it as stifling other clubs like theirs trying to move up through causing bottlenecks of b teams as well as causing financial problems especially if there were a few b sides in their League (and there /have been plenty with 4

Whatever you think of the level, it is still places being taken in the 3rd tier/4th tier+ of German football by a reserve team, taking a place off of another professional/semi pro team. Just scanning the German 4th team, 20 of the 90 teams are b sides. How are Buchbach supposed to compete with Bayern Munich's reserves with their resources which distorts the competition?

Lower level clubs in Spain have complained about b sides in the League structure as well citing similar issues to the German clubs.

I would argue that b sides in the league pyramid (whatever the upper limit is) is far more insidious than when a game is scheduled because of TV.
Indeed, and don't agree with them in any circumstances. But it is harder to raise ire with something that has been there for over 70 years, and is (relatively) hidden away. If Bayern were to suddenly pump lots of money in and demand changes like promotion for their benefit I would think there would be a reaction.

Back
Top Bottom