Championship Lord CJ "Chips" Wilder

I always felt him to be an "outsider"..and that he felt that too? Maybe that was his his fault?..his style ..backs against the wall, somewhat(!) adversarial to all and sundry? A fish out of water at OUFC..stranger in a strange land..hence his apparent attitiude to our history and general "chippiness".

Maybe he's like French cheese..doesn't travel well?
I'm sure he feels far more comfortable his homeland.
But we all went wild when he slid on his knees at Wembley..and for that alone I will be eternally grateful and will remember him with some fondness..despite that trademark "chippiness".

Last edited:
He got us up from the conference. Shaun Harvey and all. Hold on a minute ....
A manager who did a great job for us but stayed too long.

I think the pillock in charge then was Brian lee.

I’ll never forget the 2010 playoff final at Wembley.
Superb day in every respect.
It’s a pity it had nothing to do with our then manager, Chris Wilder ??

If you think CW is t**t, you need to have a word with yourself.

Quite right. I missed: ignorant, arrogant, disrespectful to OUFC, colluded with Kelvin Thomas to spend Lenagan's money behind his back, incapable of judging a striker (F. Green, Philiskirk...) and cowardly in the way he ran away from the club and I could go on.

A thoroughly unpleasant individual who loves only one thing to the exclusion of all else.

Quite right. I missed: ignorant, arrogant, disrespectful to OUFC, colluded with Kelvin Thomas to spend Lenagan's money behind his back, incapable of judging a striker (F. Green, Philiskirk...) and cowardly in the way he ran away from the club and I could go on.

A thoroughly unpleasant individual who loves only one thing to the exclusion of all else.
I meet the bloke and he is solid and decent. IMO.

Horrible personality. Remember them comments he made about us fans in Woodstock. Very disrespectful and not a pleasent person.

I would not pee on him if he was on fire.
I am sorry, I didnt know that. Pls can you let me know what he said etc...

He’s a brilliant manager. Can we finally stop the nonsense that he’s not.

He was bloody important for this club and helped us get up from the canvas. We should be thankful as this club nearly died without his promotion team.

Whatever happened after doesn’t matter to me - it got stale but he kept us stable in the football league after four years in the wilderness. That’s fine by me.

I hope there will be a reassessment and the fans will welcome him back properly one day.
Didn't give a s**t about our history so he can do one.

Didn't give a s**t about our history so he can do one.

19ee10e8b1aac2194fd5ed30dd7a7278.gif

18 years as a manager, and never been fired - in the present day, that speaks a hell of a lot about his abilities as a manager (and also Lenaghan's level of patience as an owner!).

Course, perversely, getting promoted to the Premier League may just put that run in jeopardy as it seems fairly commonplace for teams to bail on the bosses that got them there in a desperate attempt to hold on to the PL riches.

Is he an A*****e? I don't really care. He played an important role in our club's history......
.....and he probably doesn't given a damn what we think of him either, when his boyhood club's fans presumably now revere him as a demi-God.
I thinking just the same thing the other day. Promotion will almost certainly bring an end to his job at the club.
Would he look to jump ship before that happens or stick with it and try and keep them up on what would presumably be a very tight budget

I thinking just the same thing the other day. Promotion will almost certainly bring an end to his job at the club.
Would he look to jump ship before that happens or stick with it and try and keep them up on what would presumably be a very tight budget
Why would it almost certainly bring to an end his job at Sheff U?
He has huge support there as he was a supporter and will have taken them up from League 1.
Burnley went up with Dyche and kept eith him when they were relegated.
If he took them up if he did a Cardiff (or Huddersfield season 1) his stock wouldn't fall.

Why would it almost certainly bring to an end his job at Sheff U?
He has huge support there as he was a supporter and will have taken them up from League 1.
Burnley went up with Dyche and kept eith him when they were relegated.
If he took them up if he did a Cardiff (or Huddersfield season 1) his stock wouldn't fall.
You make a fair point with Burnley, I would certainly like to see more promoted managers backed in that way, unfortunately few are.
I agree he wouldn't lose the loyalty of the fans either, but if they are struggling in the PL at Christmas, the Chairman could be tempted by a

Back
Top Bottom