Looton

It’s all about viewing figures.
Which team has the biggest following in L1?
Yes but can you see Sunderland fans avidly tuning in to watch what is now a game with very little riding on it for them!? There are a lot more non supporting Sunderland fans than there are Sunderland fans and they would definitely want to watch a more interesting match. Dreadful pick by Sky/EFL!

Yes but can you see Sunderland fans avidly tuning in to watch what is now a game with very little riding on it for them!? There are a lot more non supporting Sunderland fans than there are Sunderland fans and they would definitely want to watch a more interesting match. Dreadful pick by Sky/EFL!

Plus if you want to watch Sunderland, they're going to be playing at least twice more this season anyway!

Whichever game was chosen for tv it is very unlikely to have any appeal or very little to anyone other than fans of the chosen clubs.

as i said yesterday it appeared they wanted pompey but to ignore the 2 sides going for the title now is a strange decision so am expecting news anytime now that they have decided not to show either man city or Liverpool in their final games. :)

The Luton game is not going to be available to watch in the UK on iFollow, the EFL have confirmed this morning.

Although a mahoosive win by 7 or more goals, and both Barnsley and Pompey also winning with a hatful apiece is the only way lootown will drop into the playoffs ,we'll still P**s on thier party if we beat em saturday ....ive a feeling we will beat em too

Sarge - re post #127 above...have I misunderstood your "is the only way lootown will drop into the playoffs"?
Luton are promoted.

And why have the kick-off at 5.30 in league one the last game of the season anyway , I have never got that?

And why have the kick-off at 5.30 in league one the last game of the season anyway , I have never got that?
L2 is 3PM and Championship is Sunday. Probably splitting them up so each can be focused on individually by the media.

• React
Reactions: UTM
L2 is 3PM and Championship is Sunday. Probably splitting them up so each can be focused on individually by the media.
Yea , good point. Just seem to be a bit silly. As the whole lot just drags out , 3pm Saturday is the right time!

Sarge - re post #127 above...have I misunderstood your "is the only way lootown will drop into the playoffs"?
Luton are promoted.
Are they? - pretty much nailed on i know, but big changes in gd could as an outside possibilty could see the l1 top 3 change places
I maybe should use a calculator instead of a biro n beer mat as maths aint me strong point?

My probably rubbish workings out of mathematical possibilities came up that it would take lootown to loose by a hatful and pompey to win by a hatful ....and barnsley to win & become champions - lootown losing to us would see top 2 swap places, or beating em heavily would drop lootown into a playoff place on gd with pompey n lootonfinishing on 91 pts & gd defining where they finish though tis near impossible for lootowns huge gd (+46) to be bettered?

Barnsley can nick the title depending on other results though?

Are they? - pretty much nailed on i know, but big changes in gd could as an outside possibilty could see the l1 top 3 change places
I maybe should use a calculator instead of a biro n beer mat as maths aint me strong point?

My probably rubbish workings out of mathematical possibilities came up that it would take lootown to loose by a hatful and pompey to win by a hatful ....and barnsley to win & become champions - lootown losing to us would see top 2 swap places, or beating em heavily would drop lootown into a playoff place on gd with pompey n lootonfinishing on 91 pts & gd defining where they finish though tis near impossible for lootowns huge gd (+46) to be bettered?

Barnsley can nick the title depending on other results though?
Only if Pompey can secure the bonus point and get 4 points from the game...

Sarge with Pompey losing to Posh at Fart-on Park on Tuesday evening and Sunderland being beaten away at Fleetwood in the 95th minute Pompey are on 87 and Sunderland on 85 points.. with only 1 game to play. Luton and Barnsley both have 91.
As you say Barnsley could quite possibly win the title if we can get something out of the game on Saturday. They are away at Bristol Rovers and if they and Luton both draw the title goes to Luton on GD (4 goals better at the moment)

Last edited:
Only if Pompey can secure the bonus point and get 4 points from the game...
Oops!...Told ya me maths wernt all that ?

Oh well, we beat lootown & barnsley draw or win thatll ruin lootowns party dropping em to runners up spot :sneaky:

Sarge with Pompey losing to Posh at Fart-on Park on Tuesday evening and Sunderland being beaten away at Fleetwood in the 95th minute. Pompey are on 87 and Sunderland on 85 points.. with only 1 game to play. Luton and Barnsley both have 91.
As you say Barnsley could quite possibly win the title if we can get something out of the game on Saturday. They are away at Bristol Rovers and if they and Luton both draw the title goes to Luton on GD (4 goals better at the moment)

Think ive grasped the remaining connotations for l1 top 2 (&3) at last ....took a while but eventually got there ....cheers @PQ & @SteMerritt for the corrections :sneaky:

Note to self - your maths are rubbish!

Oops!...Told ya me maths wernt all that ?

Oh well, we beat lootown & barnsley draw or win thatll ruin lootowns party dropping em to runners up spot :sneaky:
I think , that is the best we can hope for , such a shame the other 2 teams messed up last night.

Back
Top Bottom