Looks like Charlie has got his wish.

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
Here's the question then.
The SD/santori group did have their chance to buy OUFC, and chaz explanation was they didn't offer enough money and they were not going to pay over it's worth, then as soon as the pot of gold of WE evaporated they were gone, they like Tiger, like DE, like most football club owners are there for the money however it can be accrued.
They have jumped ship so to speak and are looking at another potential pot of gold that is sunderland, lets not try and kid anyone here they are going to try and make money of of their situation, and good luck with that project.
The surrounding area of sunderlands ground has some prime land, that could be a lucrative project.

My point, with all the above said would SD and the group still be interested in buying OUFC and trying to turn a profit out of it now that WE is off the table?

Take away the sentiment, SD running of Eastliegh is hardly inspiring, unless you are a journeyman manager looking for a quick pay day.
I think "Prime Land" and "Sunderland" shouldnt ever be in the uttered in same sentence. A crime against English literature.

Owners of football clubs start with the aim to make money but it rarely happens, ref SD @ Eastleigh, which hasnt delivered on or off the field unless you are a aging ex-Oxford player (who wasnt liked in the dressing room) or as you say journeyman managers. His track record does NOT bode well, but I am assuming SD has learnt from his mistakes. I still find it amazing that a bloke from Long Hanborough owes AFC Sunderland.

As I said on another thread having met Stewart and the Donald family a few times I can only wish him well, the Donald family have been very good friends to OUFC over the years particularly when needed most.

I’ve never met Charlie so can only judge him on his postings on this site.

What is interesting (to me at least) is that Sunderland will be in the same league as Oxford next season and therefore one of our rivals and competitors.

Picture this, come the final match of the season and Sunderland with their huge financial advantage due to parachute payments need to win to secure promotion back to the Championship and one step from the Premier League. Just so happens they are playing Oxford United who need a win to avoid relegation to Division 4 and one step from oblivion.

Where do your loyalties lie?;)

As I said on another thread having met Stewart and the Donald family a few times I can only wish him well, the Donald family have been very good friends to OUFC over the years particularly when needed most.

What is interesting (to me at least) is that Sunderland will be in the same league as Oxford next season and therefore one of our rivals and competitors.

Picture this, come the final match of the season and Sunderland with their huge financial advantage due to parachute payments need to win to secure promotion back to the Championship and one step from the Premier League. Just so happens they are playing Oxford United who need a win to avoid relegation to Division 4 and one step from oblivion.

Obviously on the bet you placed during the season....

So are you saying that you’re happier that we’ve got Tiger rather than Stewart, Sartori etc? And if so, based on what?
The SD/santori group did have their chance to buy OUFC, and chaz explanation was they didn't offer enough money and they were not going to pay over it's worth, then as soon as the pot of gold of WE evaporated they were gone, they like Tiger, like DE, like most football club owners are there for the money however it can be accrued.
They have jumped ship so to speak and are looking at another potential pot of gold that is sunderland, lets not try and kid anyone here they are going to try and make money of of their situation, and good luck with that project.
The surrounding area of sunderlands ground has some prime land, that could be a lucrative project.

My point, with all the above said would SD and the group still be interested in buying OUFC and trying to turn a profit out of it now that WE is off the table?

Take away the sentiment, SD running of Eastliegh is hardly inspiring, unless you are a journeyman manager looking for a quick pay day.

He cant go and develop the prime land around the stadium surely, not after the grief he’s given tiger for doing that at Reading.

Or how about the situation is the other way around?

The answer to your question is No

I think "Prime Land" and "Sunderland" shouldnt ever be in the uttered in same sentence. A crime against English literature.

Owners of football clubs start with the aim to make money but it rarely happens, ref SD @ Eastleigh, which hasnt delivered on or off the field unless you are a aging ex-Oxford player (who wasnt liked in the dressing room) or as you say journeyman managers. His track record does NOT bode well, but I am assuming SD has learnt from his mistakes. I still find it amazing that a bloke from Long Hanborough owes AFC Sunderland.
Isnt that what Eales did when he employed Pep? If I was a Sunderland fan I would be very worried.

There would be a lot more respect for CM if he showed fellow fans respect rather than continually insult anyone who dared to disagree with him. Many times his statements were proved to be false and many posts were aimed at disrupting OxVox DE or the manager.
As each of the last few years have passed, he's slowly become a bigger and bigger bellend hasn't he? It's a real shame, but he has deliberately taken stances and the real person has come out, especially in the past few months. Such a shame as I used to have a lot of respect for him, even if I didn't agree with him all the time. The fact he cashed out of his relegation bet rather sums him up. One to place the bet and two to not back up his talk to lose the money.

As has been said, Sunderland are a real basket case of a club. It's an interesting bet to take with a family fortune, or any fortune at all. The hard part is the relegation to L1 means the parachute payments will have to be made up from somewhere to get back to the Premier League, let alone the investment to keep afloat in the Championship. It's a tough job

Reckon we'll miss his lexicon like posts at some point, bless him n his mustard corduroys

good luck in your ventures @Lundinsponytail

heres a rare tune to take with ya to the extreme North East ......

I look forward to the Sunderland supporters' reaction to his outpourings, unless of course he is now incommunicado - being a director of a L1 team and everything... :)

He's proven before that he's on the side of money.

But I thought Darryl didn’t sell because it wasn’t in the best interest for the club?

Back
Top Bottom