Matches Longest winning sequence

Peterdev

After United winning six league games on the bounce we must be due to set up another record. We may have done so with the goals scored in the last six.
I believe we set a record of seven in a row a while back. Can anyone confirm that?
I strongly fancy us to do well on Saturday against Fleetwood. To win at Doncaster will be a big ask though

Donny better than Crewe says Glyn Hodges
The table says that too. Doncaster have played four fewer games than Crewe but have six more points.

Win their games in hand and Doncaster would be top.

Five league wins on the spin was last achieved in 1996 between 24 February and 12 March, as part of winning 8 in 10 during that phase.
Six league wins on the spin was last achieved in 1985 in just 18 days between April 6 and 24. We also won five league games in a row (plus a league cup game for good measure) early in this season.
Seven wins in a row? Never been done by my reckoning...

Five league wins on the spin was last achieved in 1996 between 24 February and 12 March, as part of winning 8 in 10 during that phase.
Six league wins on the spin was last achieved in 1985 in just 18 days between April 6 and 24. We also won five league games in a row (plus a league cup game for good measure) early in this season.
Seven wins in a row? Never been done by my reckoning...

Unfortunately it is Fleetwood next so will remain "never be done".

I remember the 6 consecutive league wins back in '85 and I'm pretty sure the Oxford Mail was reporting it as a club record back them. It was 8 in total as there were a couple of FA Cup wins against Folkstone and Worthing. That I think was also a record.

I remember the 6 consecutive league wins back in '85 and I'm pretty sure the Oxford Mail was reporting it as a club record back them. It was 8 in total as there were a couple of FA Cup wins against Folkstone and Worthing. That I think was also a record.
Actually this wasn't the 85 run. Must have been 83 or something.

Last edited:
So is the 7 in a row in the league definitely a new record then?

I don’t think we will win next Saturday but it would be great to win that one too. Chances like this won’t come around too often

Back
Top Bottom