National News London Bridge

So if a white, English tourist in Spain kills or rapes someone (as has happened in the past) should I, as another white English tourist be blamed/lumped in with the perpetrator as seems to be happening on this thread? If that was to happen I’d probably say something like ‘But I had nothing to do with that and would never do anything like that!’

Maybe people are individuals and act depending on whatever they specifically want to do? Acting like you’ve taken the red pill just because you can point out the race/immigration status of a criminal doesn’t make you some kind of advanced thinker, especially when you don’t also go ‘A couple of white males stole my car the other day! Maybe there’s a problem with how white males are raised in this country! What are we going to do about it?’
I will probably find myself in a minority of one again with my opinion on this.

I'm not sure why you are comparing English holiday makers in Spain with Libyan refugees in England, perhaps you think its a similar experience??? The way I see it if I went to Spain (or anywhere) on holiday or as an ex pat and spent time in jail and I was thought to be a big enough risk to be put on a watch list I would expect to be sent back to where I came from rapidly. Whether I'm black, white or brown is irrelevant, where I came from is irrelevant. If I cant behave myself and am considered a risk to society, I have to accept my welcome will be short lived. If that had happened these three guys will still be alive.

I'm not sure why you are comparing English holiday makers in Spain with Libyan refugees in England, perhaps you think its a similar experience??? The way I see it if I went to Spain (or anywhere) on holiday or as an ex pat and spent time in jail and I was thought to be a big enough risk to be put on a watch list I would expect to be sent back to where I came from rapidly. Whether I'm black, white or brown is irrelevant, where I came from is irrelevant. If I cant behave myself and am considered a risk to society, I have to accept my welcome will be short lived. If that had happened these three guys will still be alive.
This is becoming a (largely) decent debate. Agree with the sentiments in both your post and that of @HampshireYellow above. They might be seen as contradictory but, to my mind, both are valid viewpoints.

There is a poster on this thread who likes to lump groups of people together and treat each group as an entity, rather than recognising there will be differences within each. He thrives on hating those minorities who are different to him and the majority of us. For example, his logic goes that not only is Islam evil as a religion, but some groups involved in child abuse are of Muslim background therefore we should fear and revile all Muslims as potential abusers of our children. It's all about hatred for him. Find a group to pillory (currently asylum seekers) based on the actions of one individual and extend that hatred to a whole population.

It's actually quite sad, and I wouldn't want to live even part of my life in such a blinkered environment.

That’s fine and I totally agree with you - but sending the specific individuals back for valid reasons (things they’ve actually done) is, in my opinion, a very different sentiment to mocking/criticising people who have held up signs welcoming asylum seekers, and similar posts of that ilk.

Of course we shouldn’t let anyone with violent or criminal tendencies loose on society, whoever they are. I don't think anyone on either side of the debate is saying that

There is an article in the Mail on Sunday (I know!) by Peter Hitchen (I f'ing know!!!) about the link between these lone attackers and mental health issues, often made worse through drug use.

The guy who killed the 3 in Reading was under the care of mental health workers and was "known" to be a heavy drug user of high strength cannabis and synthetic cannabinoids.

The guy who stabbed 6 in Glasgow was suffering from PTSD and concerns had been raised about his mental health suffering as he was housed in a room with no natural daylight for months.

Maybe we need to collectively look at the mental health of the most vulnerable in our society and intervene earlier when this starts impacting on their behaviour. This lockdown has increased those who have been left totally isolated and I worry that we are only beginning to see the tip of this horrendous iceberg.

There is an article in the Mail on Sunday (I know!) by Peter Hitchen (I f'ing know!!!) about the link between these lone attackers and mental health issues, often made worse through drug use.

The guy who killed the 3 in Reading was under the care of mental health workers and was "known" to be a heavy drug user of high strength cannabis and synthetic cannabinoids.

The guy who stabbed 6 in Glasgow was suffering from PTSD and concerns had been raised about his mental health suffering as he was housed in a room with no natural daylight for months.

Maybe we need to collectively look at the mental health of the most vulnerable in our society and intervene earlier when this starts impacting on their behaviour. This lockdown has increased those who have been left totally isolated and I worry that we are only beginning to see the tip of this horrendous iceberg.

The rise of super strength cannabis (like going from Carlsberg shandy to Carlsberg special brew) and then that being usurped by spice (special brew mixed with Vodka) has probably caused more mental health problems over the last twenty years than anything else, when people call for the legalisation of cannabis because they smoked a few joints back in the seventies I do wonder if they know the changes that have occurred in drug culture, the idea that the s**t some people smoke today is harmless is laughable (and I am in favour of legalisation).

Synthetic narcotics are going to be a massive problem in the future, just look at the fentanyl problem in North America.

I guess you dont mind homophobic murderers are in our midst under the guise of asylum seekers?? ......go tell that to the relatives and friends of those butchered by that piece of s**t in Reading.......a so called "refugee" who had been arrested numerous times for violence and was supposedly being "watched" ........he was here because IDIOTS like i pointed out were all crying "racism" and just cannot see what a danger many of these people are.....that scum shouldve been on the 1st plane OUT after his 1st conviction....i dont care what danger he supposedly faced when deported.....what the f#ck is the matter with some fools ?? are they really THAT dumb??.......dont answer that Burret as i know the answer
silly silly boy. Lazy headline post, didn't do your homework........again! TT= TotalTwat

The rise of super strength cannabis (like going from Carlsberg shandy to Carlsberg special brew) and then that being usurped by spice (special brew mixed with Vodka) has probably caused more mental health problems over the last twenty years than anything else, when people call for the legalisation of cannabis because they smoked a few joints back in the seventies I do wonder if they know the changes that have occurred in drug culture, the idea that the s**t some people smoke today is harmless is laughable (and I am in favour of legalisation).

Synthetic narcotics are going to be a massive problem in the future, just look at the fentanyl problem in North America.
The scale of the fentanyl problem in the US is amazing and most of it comes from China. We desperately need to deal with the problem of illegal substances and how accessible they are to people. I'm constantly amazed at how drug cartels can more or less operate with impunity on a global scale.

Back on track.
Any asylum seeker/refugee that has arrived legitimately but then receives a custodial sentence gets a free return flight on release.
Don`t play by the rules then lose the right to be welcomed.

On another note.......... the daily reporting of migrant boats arriving from France......... last time I checked France was safe.
Pick them up and take them back.
Make them go through the proper channels and learn that living here is a privilege not a right.

Back on track.
Any asylum seeker/refugee that has arrived legitimately but then receives a custodial sentence gets a free return flight on release.
Don`t play by the rules then lose the right to be welcomed.

On another note.......... the daily reporting of migrant boats arriving from France......... last time I checked France was safe.
Pick them up and take them back.
Make them go through the proper channels and learn that living here is a privilege not a right.
Which track is that? The one where the Government of the day sets its own ‘ambitious‘ targets then fails to meet them, even when they deport people who ‘enjoy’ full citizens rights.

Which track is that? The one where the Government of the day sets its own ‘ambitious‘ targets then fails to meet them, even when they deport people who ‘enjoy’ full citizens rights.

The majority of deportations are for immigration offences not for committing criminal acts.
Our record with those offences has improved since 2014 and the number has decreased.

I`m talking convicted criminals not from these shores. Would make them think twice about criminality.

The majority of deportations are for immigration offences not for committing criminal acts.
Our record with those offences has improved since 2014 and the number has decreased.

I`m talking convicted criminals not from these shores. Would make them think twice about criminality.
I understood the distinction you made. What is it we are on track to. We have had the same Party in government since 2010 (even if you deduct the Coalition period that is still a chunk of time). As usual, they spend much of their time scouting out what can be blamed for our current apparent malaise: the EU, Corbyn and now (apparently) Austerity. Your point about deporting foreign criminals is pretty much par for the course, from a central government point of view. I have no problem about suitable punishment for criminal behaviour except that it will simply be another stick to beat people with, and a distraction from the real problems currently confronting us.

You’re a very strange man.

if you’re really concerned about the causes of the Manchester arena bombing you might look at how the perpetrator was moved from the U.K. to Libya and back. A very interesting story.

You’re a very strange man.

if you’re really concerned about the causes of the Manchester arena bombing you might look at how the perpetrator was moved from the U.K. to Libya and back. A very interesting story.

The cause is clearly laid out.
The offspring of opponents of Gaddafi who were given refuge in this country.
It is also thought he returned to Libya with his father to fight the Gaddafi regime in the school holidays.

And then he attacked the very country that gave his family safe refuge when Gaddafi was deposed.

Seems he wanted both sides of the coin.

It's a matter of law though. British Citizen accused of crimes abroad, where else should she go? This was always going to be the outcome though and the government knew it.
Hopefully as we are leaving the EU in a week and our laws will be made by us then maybe we can over rule this ridiculous decision,it seems funny that this appeal is being rushed thru just before we take control and dont have to follow the EU law??????? anyway why cant she use the internet to "appear" in court???? its blatantly obvious that this scum knows once here we will not be able to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom