National News London Bridge

News feed updated already - suspect shot dead, three stabbed to death and the man of African descent appears to be a stab victim rather than the perpetrator.

What a horrible thing to happen.

Sadly nobody is really surprised by these kinds of event anymore. It will be out of the news by the end of the weekend.

A real shame for the families.

Hotel being used to house asylum seekers................

Kind of detecting a theme here.

Are we "welcoming those less fortunate" or is it a Trojan Horse?

I hope all these people pictured her at the refugees welcome demo in Oxford are pleased with themselves......IDIOTS!!zzzzim.jpg

A man “of African descent”. Maybe it was Firoz, or Freddy Mercury or FW de Klerk? Or isn’t that what they mean?

Well I hope the police noted his ethnicity and shot dead an appropriate number of other ethnicities including lots of white British to show they aren't racist in proportion with the population. Otherwise shooting only a minority man would seem racist even if he was just feeling a bit stabby. This I take it means a death in police custody of a minority and this will be held against them untill an appropriate number of white British are killed to create correct statistics. It will of course be independently investigated and the officers dragged over the coals to account for their actions.

I on the other hand I'm not bothered about his death good riddance. The police need to protect all law abiding lives and his wasn't one. I suspect there are some very triggered people on the other blm thread who see an officer save minority lives by taking a minority life. The police officer is a hero the assailant a villian who needed dispatching unfortunately it will be held against the police as a non white death by the police.

Why would they not be pleased?
It is ironic that lovely poster Cassox is referring to others as 'idiots'. Don't you get it? Those white liberals pictured are pro-refugee morons. As a result of their idiocy the country is full of homicidal (probably Islamic extremist) people from countries with predominantly dark-skinned populations who are just waiting to get all stabby. ALL OF THEM. They're all the same. Thank goodness we have common sense patriots like Cassox and Tommy Robinson to save us.

Well I hope the police noted his ethnicity and shot dead an appropriate number of other ethnicities including lots of white British to show they aren't racist in proportion with the population. Otherwise shooting only a minority man would seem racist even if he was just feeling a bit stabby. This I take it means a death in police custody of a minority and this will be held against them untill an appropriate number of white British are killed to create correct statistics. It will of course be independently investigated and the officers dragged over the coals to account for their actions.

I on the other hand I'm not bothered about his death good riddance. The police need to protect all law abiding lives and his wasn't one. I suspect there are some very triggered people on the other blm thread who see an officer save minority lives by taking a minority life. The police officer is a hero the assailant a villian who needed dispatching unfortunately it will be held against the police as a non white death by the police.

For someone who has made some fairly reasonable points, this is a pretty poor post.

No one is demanding equality of every possible statistic. Different offences have different demographics of victims and offenders, and not only is this widely acknowledged and understood, but also used to profile offenders. So to suggest that statistics need to be balanced is not only embarrassingly inaccurate but also (deliberately) undermines the genuine cases of inequality that are relevant.

All deaths at the hands of the police are full investigated, and rightly so. Our police are, on the whole, exceptional under circumstances where they are unarmed against increasingly armed and violent criminals. Most people who have travelled will know that the British police are much better than many other forces. But we only maintain that by holding them to account.

There are legitimate questions to ask. Was the level of force appropriate, proportionate and necessary? What was the risk in doing nothing or using less force? Was the appropriate warnings issued? Was the perpetrator given the opportunity to surrender? Were there any factors that contributed to the final outcome?

Now it's entirely possible (in fact, probable) that the police acted completely within the law and with great courage to prevent serious harm or death to others. And an investigation will show this.

But what if there were language barriers that prevented negotiation? Or cultural issues in which the perpetrator acted in a more animated way than we may expect? And if these factors contributed to the decision the firearms officer made to pull the trigger, then race or nationality may have a disproportionate affect.

No one is demanding equality of every possible statistic. Different offences have different demographics of victims and offenders, and not only is this widely acknowledged and understood, but also used to profile offenders. So to suggest that statistics need to be balanced is not only embarrassingly inaccurate but also (deliberately) undermines the genuine cases of inequality that are relevant.
I'm sorry they explicitly are. None of the evidence put forward has been adjusted to take into account other factors. Deaths in police custody are simply presented as number of deaths in police custody as a proportion of the population of that ethnicity (ignoring the ones that actually do better like Chinese and Indians). Here is an example from my previous posts https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52890363 and the guardians unbiased :rolleyes: take on it https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ody-the-tip-of-an-iceberg-of-racist-treatment straight out not even pretending to look at the statistics they expect 3% deaths in custody for 3% of the population. Exactly the same goes on in relation to stop and search https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...-targeted-under-relaxed-stop-and-search-rules again no taking into account the sort of crimes that these people may be involved in or the areas policed. I bet more men were targeted too in both i doubt that mean the police are sexist too.
But what if there were language barriers that prevented negotiation? Or cultural issues in which the perpetrator acted in a more animated way than we may expect? And if these factors contributed to the decision the firearms officer made to pull the trigger, then race or nationality may have a disproportionate affect.
Either way it isn't racism then so drop the race aspect. Race explicitly relates to a background and skin colour, it makes no reference to language. People deliberately confuse nationalism, xenophobia and racism. The latter is abhorrent and shouldn't be tolerated. I have a definitely Pakistani (in terms of parents country of birth and also race) friend who speaks only english in a distinctly north eastern accent she would have no problems communicating and is about as British as you come here race is definitely Pakistani however would have no difficulty with British cultures and language. you cannot be xenophobic of her she is British born and bred you cannot be nationalistic against her she is English.

My main point with this is the police are assumed to be guilty and cannot seem to win. The finger pointed at white people blaming them for racism is what took the Damilola Taylor so long to get the accused convicted. A victim who it seems was targeted because of his race (he was Nigerian the people convicted of his manslaughter were Afro Caribbean) and his desire to be a good student. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/senseless-killing-of-boy-raises-many-questions-1.1119819 A person whom it took three attempts to get convictions first time because the judge threw out evidence whilst the accused played the race card. Likewise with Mark Duggen who caused the last set of riots who was lawfully killed (not that this stopped a lot of people jumping an the bandwagon accusing the police of racism and starting riots) A sweet and innocent chap to many in the community (and the Guardian again) but gangster in possession of a Gun. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25321711 That investigation affected officers lives into 2015 and David Lammy (everyones favourite racial stirrer) was still trying to ruin officers lives in 2014 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-25668934/david-lammy-mp-on-mark-duggan-peaceful-vigil-plan .

So i'm sorry but i refuse to accept that the media or indeed those communities treat the police in any way fair over these killings.

I'm sorry they explicitly are. None of the evidence put forward has been adjusted to take into account other factors. Deaths in police custody are simply presented as number of deaths in police custody as a proportion of the population of that ethnicity (ignoring the ones that actually do better like Chinese and Indians). Here is an example from my previous posts https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52890363 and the guardians unbiased :rolleyes: take on it https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ody-the-tip-of-an-iceberg-of-racist-treatment straight out not even pretending to look at the statistics they expect 3% deaths in custody for 3% of the population. Exactly the same goes on in relation to stop and search https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...-targeted-under-relaxed-stop-and-search-rules again no taking into account the sort of crimes that these people may be involved in or the areas policed. I bet more men were targeted too in both i doubt that mean the police are sexist too.

Either way it isn't racism then so drop the race aspect. Race explicitly relates to a background and skin colour, it makes no reference to language. People deliberately confuse nationalism, xenophobia and racism. The latter is abhorrent and shouldn't be tolerated. I have a definitely Pakistani (in terms of parents country of birth and also race) friend who speaks only english in a distinctly north eastern accent she would have no problems communicating and is about as British as you come here race is definitely Pakistani however would have no difficulty with British cultures and language. you cannot be xenophobic of her she is British born and bred you cannot be nationalistic against her she is English.

My main point with this is the police are assumed to be guilty and cannot seem to win. The finger pointed at white people blaming them for racism is what took the Damilola Taylor so long to get the accused convicted. A victim who it seems was targeted because of his race (he was Nigerian the people convicted of his manslaughter were Afro Caribbean) and his desire to be a good student. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/senseless-killing-of-boy-raises-many-questions-1.1119819 A person whom it took three attempts to get convictions first time because the judge threw out evidence whilst the accused played the race card. Likewise with Mark Duggen who caused the last set of riots who was lawfully killed (not that this stopped a lot of people jumping an the bandwagon accusing the police of racism and starting riots) A sweet and innocent chap to many in the community (and the Guardian again) but gangster in possession of a Gun. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25321711 That investigation affected officers lives into 2015 and David Lammy (everyones favourite racial stirrer) was still trying to ruin officers lives in 2014 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-25668934/david-lammy-mp-on-mark-duggan-peaceful-vigil-plan .

So i'm sorry but i refuse to accept that the media or indeed those communities treat the police in any way fair over these killings.

I specifically stated that race (including cultural background) and nationality (including language) may have played a part in the decision to use lethal force and it is therefore appropriate to investigate and (hopefully) rule this out. I make no judgement on the police involved and have no doubt that they acted lawfully and with great courage.

It is you that seems determined to make this about race and/or colour, culture, religion, nationality etc. There are much wider issues and more questions to ask beyond ethicity alone. For example, how old were those who died in police custody? How many were under the influence of drink or drugs? How many had existing health conditions? How many had been physically restrained, and for how long? Because the death of an older man under the influence of drink or drugs, and with an underlying heart condition is very different from that of an otherwise health young man who has been forcibly restrained for long periods of time. And what if the latter category was disproportionately of colour? Would that be of concern?

Mark Duggan was a nasty piece of work. He was involved in gang crime, intimidation and had been linked to several shootings. He was believed to be in possession of a gun and was shot dead by police.

Raul Moat was also a nasty piece of work. He was a known steroid abuser and had intimidated and assaulted many people, and also blinded a policeman in a shooting. He was known to be in possession of a gun and shot himself after several hours of police negotiations.

Dale Cregan was also a nasty piece of work. He was suspected of killing 2 others in a gangland dispute and had lured 2 police women to their death. He was known to have access to firearms and grenades. He handed himself in to a police station and despite previously tricking and killing police, a peaceful arrest was undertaken.

So, three horrible individuals. One killed by police, one killed himself after a long negotiation and one arrested peacefully. Did race have any part in these decisions? Were the Met under more pressure to make a statement of intent? Did the media interest in the two latter cases change the operational plans Is? Are they valid question to ask, even if they prove that the police involved were able to justify their decision making?

And finally, you are well within your rights in refusing to accept that there is any examples of police wrongdoing. But I like to think that being part of a civilised and free society means that we are able to ask difficult questions without prior judgement of those who are there to keep all of us safe. And this comes from someone who has spent 25 years working in the criminal justice sector and has many friends in the police.

Last edited:
It is ironic that lovely poster Cassox is referring to others as 'idiots'. Don't you get it? Those white liberals pictured are pro-refugee morons. As a result of their idiocy the country is full of homicidal (probably Islamic extremist) people from countries with predominantly dark-skinned populations who are just waiting to get all stabby. ALL OF THEM. They're all the same. Thank goodness we have common sense patriots like Cassox and Tommy Robinson to save us.
I guess you dont mind homophobic murderers are in our midst under the guise of asylum seekers?? ......go tell that to the relatives and friends of those butchered by that piece of s**t in Reading.......a so called "refugee" who had been arrested numerous times for violence and was supposedly being "watched" ........he was here because IDIOTS like i pointed out were all crying "racism" and just cannot see what a danger many of these people are.....that scum shouldve been on the 1st plane OUT after his 1st conviction....i dont care what danger he supposedly faced when deported.....what the f#ck is the matter with some fools ?? are they really THAT dumb??.......dont answer that Burret as i know the answer

I guess you dont mind homophobic murderers are in our midst under the guise of asylum seekers?? ......go tell that to the relatives and friends of those butchered by that piece of s**t in Reading.......a so called "refugee" who had been arrested numerous times for violence and was supposedly being "watched" ........he was here because IDIOTS like i pointed out were all crying "racism" and just cannot see what a danger many of these people are.....that scum shouldve been on the 1st plane OUT after his 1st conviction....i dont care what danger he supposedly faced when deported.....what the f#ck is the matter with some fools ?? are they really THAT dumb??.......dont answer that Burret as i know the answer

What's your thoughts on the former soldier who killed a father and his two children (and family dog) whilst drink driving on fathers day?

Or do you only get angry when it's nasty foreigners?

Your a nutcase. Come into the modern age where there is no difference between colour or religion and we all live as one.

So if a white, English tourist in Spain kills or rapes someone (as has happened in the past) should I, as another white English tourist be blamed/lumped in with the perpetrator as seems to be happening on this thread? If that was to happen I’d probably say something like ‘But I had nothing to do with that and would never do anything like that!’

Maybe people are individuals and act depending on whatever they specifically want to do? Acting like you’ve taken the red pill just because you can point out the race/immigration status of a criminal doesn’t make you some kind of advanced thinker, especially when you don’t also go ‘A couple of white males stole my car the other day! Maybe there’s a problem with how white males are raised in this country! What are we going to do about it?’

Echoing all the reactions above to someone who obviously hates everyone not as perfect as he is.
I think the Black Lives Matter slogan should be Black Lives Matter too, so that it can all be taken in the right context.
Tommy Robinson likes to latch on to every opportunity and of course his has his thuggish element of support behind him and on here too, it would seem.
I’m glad that the vast majority of us on here articulate common sense and don’t let the side down

Back
Top Bottom