National News London Bridge

From now on should we just assume that if somethings bad we just say that its Europe’s fault ( even when it’s not). If it’s good then it’s a freed British plan.

What happens when the pesky international law raises its head....... let leave the world??

Hopefully as we are leaving the EU in a week and our laws will be made by us then maybe we can over rule this ridiculous decision,it seems funny that this appeal is being rushed thru just before we take control and dont have to follow the EU law??????? anyway why cant she use the internet to "appear" in court???? its blatantly obvious that this scum knows once here we will not be able to remove it.
As mentioned above this is not an EU law.

As mentioned above this is not an EU law.
I was hoping he/she was joking. It is pretty embarrassing if not. This has absolutely nothing to do with the EU and that level of ignorance is actually quite worrying.

Another successful rehabilitation case.
Well the rehabilitation was, eventually, successful courtesy of some well-placed 9mm`s.

When will society learn that these fundamentalists can not be rehabilitated having been brainwashed by a barbaric, medieval version of Islam?

Another successful rehabilitation case.
Well the rehabilitation was, eventually, successful courtesy of some well-placed 9mm`s.

When will society learn that these fundamentalists can not be rehabilitated having been brainwashed by a barbaric, medieval version of Islam?
Brainwashed idiots come from all religious and ethnic backgrounds.

They certainly do, if the cap fits eh boss?

Another failure of the judicial system.

The justice system fails all the time.

It gives out far too many short sentences that cause more damage because rehabilitation doesn't happen over night. It uses prison instead of drug rehabs, psychiatric units and hospitals. It sentences far too many black and ethnic minority people, for much longer sentences than the national average.

The individual you reference was serving a 40 month sentence, and would have served half (minus any remand time etc). The likelihood is that he was in for only 18 months from his date of conviction, and was serving a determinant sentence meaning he was due for release regardless of any rehabilitation work completed in prison. Police were concerned, but without evidence of other offences he couldn't be held in custody beyond his release date.

But even if he had been "rehabilitated" it is not an exact science and is open to huge variables from everyone involved. Many people do change in prison and go on to lead law abiding lives. Many don't. But the vast majority of these commit low level offences to fund drug habits or to survive without hope of employment of legitimate income. And the majority of these people are white, with out any particular religious beliefs.

But you don't pick up on these cases do you? You focus on the horrendous (but exceptionally rare) examples of ethnic minorities committing these acts.

You surprisingly didn't comment on Joseph McCann?

Or Albert Flick?

Or Paul O'Hara? Douglas Vinter? Andrew Dawson? George Johnson? I'll leave you to Google them but seeing as they're all White British you probably won't bother!!

Last edited:
The justice system fails all the time.

It gives out far too many short sentences that cause more damage because rehabilitation doesn't happen over night. It uses prison instead of drug rehabs, psychiatric units and hospitals. It sentences far too many black and ethnic minority people, for much longer sentences than the national average.

The individual you reference was serving a 40 month sentence, and would have served half (minus any remand time etc). The likelihood is that he was in for only 18 months from his date of conviction, and was serving a determinant sentence meaning he was due for release regardless of any rehabilitation work completed in prison. Police were concerned, but without evidence of other offences he couldn't be held in custody beyond his release date.

But even if he had been "rehabilitated" it is not an exact science and is open to huge variables from everyone involved. Many people do change in prison and go on to lead law abiding lives. Many don't. But the vast majority of these commit low level offences to fund drug habits or to survive without hope of employment of legitimate income. And the majority of these people are white, with out any particular religious beliefs.

But you don't pick up on these cases do you? You focus on the horrendous (but exceptionally rare) examples of ethnic minorities committing these acts.

You surprisingly didn't comment on Joseph McCann?

Or Albert Flick?

Or Paul O'Hara? Douglas Vinter? Andrew Dawson? George Johnson? I'll leave you to Google them but seeing as they're all White British you probably won't bother!!

Well done, completely off-topic and for a separate thread, maybe you should start one?

The thread title is "London Bridge" , a terrorist attack driven by a fundamentalist religious extremist, and an ongoing discussion of terrorism, rehabilitation and solutions thereof.

Clear now boss?

Well done, completely off-topic and for a separate thread, maybe you should start one?

The thread title is "London Bridge" , a terrorist attack driven by a fundamentalist religious extremist, and an ongoing discussion of terrorism, rehabilitation and solutions thereof.

Clear now boss?

You brought up the failings of the judicial system, but only when it involves Asian Muslims. I wonder why that is??

Look through ever non-football related post and your ignorance and racism screams out. I guess most just ignore it, but I find your views offensive and distract from otherwise sensible discussions.

Last edited:
You brought up the failings of the judicial system, but only when it involves Asian Muslims. I wonder why that is??

Look through ever non-football related post and your ignorance and racism screams out. I guess most just ignore it, but I find your views offensive and distract from otherwise sensible discussions.

I brought up the failings of the judicial system when dealing with Islamic extremists.

Note: Islamic extremists - Islam is a religion not a race and, as I have posted on numerous occasions extremism has no place anywhere.

Did it take someone so "ignorant" to point out the difference and clarify that for you?

As you know nothing about me you are the one making assumptions boss, but that is what bullies with keys do isn`t it?

Talk the talk, follow the policies and be everyone's friend but act snide when nobody is looking.

I brought up the failings of the judicial system when dealing with Islamic extremists.

Note: Islamic extremists - Islam is a religion not a race and, as I have posted on numerous occasions extremism has no place anywhere.

Did it take someone so "ignorant" to point out the difference and clarify that for you?

As you know nothing about me you are the one making assumptions boss, but that is what bullies with keys do isn`t it?

Talk the talk, follow the policies and be everyone's friend but act snide when nobody is looking.

You are very happy judging others but don't like being judged yourself. Your views are there for all to see and it's unsurprising that it's only those with equally ignorant views that like your posts.

As you bring up my employment, I'm extremely proud of what I do and like to think that I'm pretty well respected by those on both sides of the bars. I'm happy for anyone that I work with to see my views on here, but suspect it would be a different matter if your famously diverse NHS saw the bile that froths out from you.

You are very happy judging others but don't like being judged yourself. Your views are there for all to see and it's unsurprising that it's only those with equally ignorant views that like your posts.

As you bring up my employment, I'm extremely proud of what I do and like to think that I'm pretty well respected by those on both sides of the bars. I'm happy for anyone that I work with to see my views on here, but suspect it would be a different matter if your famously diverse NHS saw the bile that froths out from you.

No bile here, just recounting and debating views. The purpose of a forum.

You would do well to find anything I have posted that breaches any work policies or values.

End of the day someone who the police said was unsafe was released, launched an attack, and ended up dead.

That was because there was no mechanism to stop his release.

At work, as you brought it up, we have "Stop the line" to prevent patient harm.

Anyone can call a stop, from HCA to Consultant, they might be wrong but it creates the space to check that the right procedure is being done on the right person.

It seems the judicial system doesn`t have a similar mechanism so someone ends up dead.

Whether you or I think that is a good thing or not is a moot point.

End of the day someone who the police said was unsafe was released, launched an attack, and ended up dead.

That was because there was no mechanism to stop his release.

It seems the judicial system doesn`t have a similar mechanism so someone ends up dead.

And as I pointed out, people are released every day from prison and go on to commit further offences. Some minor, some horrendous.

But we don't live in a police state or Belarus, and for all its failings, the justice system prevents people being imprisoned without being put before the courts. No matter the suspicions the security services had, or how these were subsequently proved to be right, they did not have sufficient evidence to arrest or put him before the courts. You can make this about Muslim fundamentalist if you wish, but the principle applies to all bar a very small handful that will all be released one day. It might not be right but the alternative is actually far worse if we keep people locked up for something they MAY do.

And as I pointed out, people are released every day from prison and go on to commit further offences. Some minor, some horrendous.

But we don't live in a police state or Belarus, and for all its failings, the justice system prevents people being imprisoned without being put before the courts. No matter the suspicions the security services had, or how these were subsequently proved to be right, they did not have sufficient evidence to arrest or put him before the courts. You can make this about Muslim fundamentalist if you wish, but the principle applies to all bar a very small handful that will all be released one day. It might not be right but the alternative is actually far worse if we keep people locked up for something they MAY do.

For some of the individuals, whose radicalisation history, criminal record, and hatred are well known, the idea of internment, after consideration of the evidence, to facilitate treatment or rehabilitation could actually save their lives.

It`s not a huge step and would only impact a tiny minority.

As for "run of the mill" murderers our opinions may also differ drastically.

You probably believe in rehabilitation and that is fine, you have more experience than I.

I would argue that the victim never gets that opportunity, so would suggest the perpetrator pay a similar price.

A local case in point being Colin Pitchfork who raped and murdered two children.

He`s only served 33 years which is little more than the combined age of his victims.

If we look at rehabilitation, and directly linked to the original post, then three of those who intervened were serving or recently released prisoners (2 of whom are murderers). One of these has since gone on to work for the Prison Reform Trust and is making a real success of his life. So yes, rehabilitation works, or at least it can work. The vast majority of those serving indeterminate sentences (where the parole board decide if someone is safe to be released) do succeed in not returning to old ways. Some don't, and some of those make headlines for all the wrong reasons.

But you wouldn't say that schools fail because a small number leave without qualifications. Or the NHS fails because they are unable to save everyone. Prison, and the wider justice system, change lives for the better every single day. We just don't get to hear about the success stories unless they somehow find themselves thrown into a major world event (like London Bridge) - but even then the message gets lost.

Back
Top Bottom