Loans

NottsYellow

We have already used 6 loan players this season. The maximum is 9 in a season so looking ahead to January we can only get 3 loans in to fill the gaps in the squad. That could be just the striker position in itself!! not to mention left back and centre half if we have injuries there or if Nelson gets sold.
If some of our current loans get recalled in January, then it only exasperates the problem and any new manager (if ?) always wants to change things around quite a bit (probably has to in this case!) hence the number of loans taken out in the summer really was excessive and reduces our options going forward.

Mitchell will be gone but even then you can only have five in a match Day squad, which would all be taken up by Garbutt, Carruthers, Holmes, Smith and Browne. So unless he sends one of these back (unlikely) or one or two of them are crocked for the season (probably more likely the way this season is going) then I don’t see how there’s going to be any loan movement at all.

There Won’t be any new manager. Robinson talks about this being only the beginning of his great 5 year project (heaven knows where we’ll be in 5 years time..)

But you’ve given him his excuse post January. “I’m frustrated standing here talking to you Jerome. I’m a great manager doing everything I can but my hands are tied. I can’t bring in anymore loans like”

Mitchell will be gone but even then you can only have five in a match Day squad, which would all be taken up by Garbutt, Carruthers, Holmes, Smith and Browne. So unless he sends one of these back (unlikely) or one or two of them are crocked for the season (probably more likely the way this season is going) then I don’t see how there’s going to be any loan movement at all.

Smith may go back if he doesn't start to contribute more. The rest are good players and are worth keeping so I'd expect them to stay. Hopefully a loan striker upgrade over smith.

Last edited:
Smith may go back if he doesn't start to contribute more. The rest are good players and are worth keeping so I'd expect them to stay. Hopefully a loan striker upgrade over smith.

Nathan was saying on rad ox re Smith that he maybe suffering from 1st loan syndrome and that alot of football people at the man city game were saying what a good player he is/can be. I ve not seen anything from him myself yet and wouldnt mind him going back but you just know he will start banging them in for whoever Reading loan him to next

We had a similar thing with Tyler Roberts when he first came. Looked out of his depth, but now, the player MAPP talked about him becoming. If we are going to reap any benefit, Smith has to be here all season, otherwise we've wasted money developing a player who will go on loan elsewhere and do well.

I am not sure that being concerned at 'only' having 3 loans left is worth it?

Assuming that Eastwood gets fit again, then where we need reinforcements is pretty clear be that a couple of signings or loans.

I am not sure that being concerned at 'only' having 3 loans left is worth it?

Assuming that Eastwood gets fit again, then where we need reinforcements is pretty clear be that a couple of signings or loans.
Depends how much any new manager would want to change things round I guess - though it's not the biggest disaster ever

Depends how much any new manager would want to change things round I guess - though it's not the biggest disaster ever
If any new manager comes in and can't deal with 'just' having three loans for 3 to 4 months I suggest that they shouldn't be appointed .

Back
Top Bottom