Loan Players

Foley

So we are now 8 days into the transfer window.
Mitchell has been sent back
Smith was sent back

What about the rest?

I assume that Garbutt is the o e who can't be sent back without agreement from all sides?

Holmes - presumably we will know his medical state in a few days

Browne is the interesting one. It seems to be thought that he is going to be recalled to go to a Championship side. If so what is holding this up? Had a Championship club had agreed to take him wouldn't they want him as soon as possible?

Carruthers- is getting fit and should be ready to play soon?

KR confirmed that Garbutt was the only one that didn't have recall clauses in the deal. Doesn't stop us asking Everton to take him back but I presume unlikely as there wont be many suitors.

Holmes You would expect is going to return but I expect KR is preying for good news as replacing his experience and ability will be tricky although we have barely seen it.

One of the other poster on here explained the loan rules to me. We are only allowed to loan 8 players and only name 5 of them in the match-day squad. I think we have 1 loan left. The utter mess is that if we want new players we will have to make permanent signings to replace any loans we return )I think this is right maybe someone can confirm).

One of the other poster on here explained the loan rules to me. We are only allowed to loan 8 players and only name 5 of them in the match-day squad. I think we have 1 loan left. The utter mess is that if we want new players we will have to make permanent signings to replace any loans we return )I think this is right maybe someone can confirm).

RadOx confirmed this isn't the case and the rules have been relaxed

RadOx confirmed this isn't the case and the rules have been relaxed
I thought the other day they said we could only have 8 loans in any one season and as Jordan Graham has signed a loan deal we only have pne loan signing left?

Everton won’t want Garbutt back without another club taking him as he simply won’t be playing any football. They have very competitive u23’s / pl2 side so he could play in that as an overage player, but it’s doubtful as Bruce other younger players who very well rated and he is no where near the first team (obviously) so to take him back it’ll be no advantage to them. Sadly, I think we’ll be left with him for the season.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Although Browne is obviously a class act, the fact that he struggles to play 90 minutes on a regular basis might put off other clubs. At least we understand (and manage) his limitations.

Browne is a young creative player and as a result blows hot and cold. On his good days looks like a championship player, other days goes missing. For his own development he is better staying put getting games and learning his trade. I don’t think there has been any real threat of him leaving this window, just forum rumours.

I would imagine he will look to progress to the championship on loan next season.

Everton won’t want Garbutt back without another club taking him as he simply won’t be playing any football. They have very competitive u23’s / pl2 side so he could play in that as an overage player, but it’s doubtful as Bruce other younger players who very well rated and he is no where near the first team (obviously) so to take him back it’ll be no advantage to them. Sadly, I think we’ll be left with him for the season.
I bet Tranmere would take him if they want him to have games. Right on the doorstep for them/him as well. They probably couldn't pay as much as us though towards his wages.

I bet Tranmere would take him if they want him to have games. Right on the doorstep for them/him as well. They probably couldn't pay as much as us though towards his wages.

As we don't have any money I'm sure Tranmere could at least match what we are paying

So many people saying Browne was definitely going back ?
He'd have gone by now if he was going

So many people saying Browne was definitely going back ?
He'd have gone by now if he was going
I guess that it isn't too late and somebody could still come in for him but it doesn't seem like it was a done deal.

As we don't have any money I'm sure Tranmere could at least match what we are paying

I hope that was tongue in cheek? Seeing as we have just paid 6 figures for Sykes and also 6 figures for Whyte and Hanson in the previous window, that doesn't lead me to believe we're skint...

Last edited:
Fair point but regardless, if you're skint then you're skint! 4 figures, 5 figures, 6 figures don't really matter if you haven't got a proverbial to P**s in.

How do you know the fee?
It was stated yesterday that it was 5 figures can’t remember where I read it but it will have robably be 6 figures with add on’s

Been confirmed this morning on RO that Marcus Browne will be staying until the end of the season.

Apparently the cut off date where they could recall him has passed.

Back
Top Bottom